Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

22 minutes ago, Archie said:

So you do admit Hunter's involved in China.  Do you think he does this on his own and doesn't involve his father who has spoon fed him his entire life?  Joe is up to his neck in this as much as his boy and other family. Apparently his brother is involved too.  Politifact is a left leaning site. There are too many reports on the Biden China connection to ignore. Do I need to put you ignore again?

Let’s take these questions one by one:

no

illogical extrapolation 

no

no

your opinion

illogical extrapolation again

last question unnecessarily personal and snarky. But, why don’t you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Let’s take these questions one by one:

no

illogical extrapolation 

no

no

your opinion

illogical extrapolation again

last question unnecessarily personal and snarky. But, why don’t you. 

After all the things that poster says about me I think my last post was fair.  I really don't mind the personal attacks because it says more about them than me.  I don't want to block anyone but if someone offers nothing but trolling or continuous attacks over nothing its just better.  I have participated in a few political forums (both left and right leaning), sports forums and racing forums.  I have never blocked or ignored anyone until I came here. 

• Haha 1

So, the translation here is that Erdogan and Zelensky are going to meet on 3/Feb.  The role of Turkey we might have mentioned before.  They are a Black Sea power.  They control the straights  (The Montreux Convention) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreux_Convention_Regarding_the_Regime_of_the_Straits

Which because it is under Turkey's control means they can say no to Russia bringing in its amphibious ships to the Black Sea from the Med.  Also, Turkey was a huge help to Azerbaijan (UAVs for example) in the recent war with Armenia.  So, basically,  Erdogan is an evil thug but right now he can be a useful evil thug.

10 hours ago, romad1 said:

At the end of the day the entire buildup is a Putin show.  He is doing this because he thinks he can get away with it because he thinks the West is divided.  He's way off base. 

The Biden Administration is the weakest admin we've had in a long time.  Its even weaker that than Carter.  Putin, XI and every other leader sees how bad of shape Biden is in.  The US is going to be tested over and over as long as they are in office.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I’d rather this guy be tested by Putin while in office than the former guy be used by Putin while in office.

I’d also rather this guy push back on Putin than the Trumpublicans just giving Putin everything he wants.

Problem is that Biden doesn't have the cognitive ability to do much more that dress himself if he's even capable of that.  There's no way he is going to guide us through a crisis. 

Your rhetoric of Trump being supported by Putin is just propaganda from the dems.  How many new wars did Trump get us into?  None, and barely a year through Biden's term we're looking at a war and against one of the biggest superpowers in the world.  Its a conflict that is being made worse by Biden running his mouth and trying to make into something bigger.  Even Zelensky wants him to shut up and said he's making it worse.  I still think the Biden admin wants to blow it up as big as possible then when nothing happens they can take credit for solving it.  If Biden keeps fueling the fire something is going to happen and it won't be good.

Lastly, one thing Biden and Trump have in common is they didn't surround themselves with good people.  Biden's administration is full of racial preference and not ability.  We even have a Transportation Sec. that took a paternity leave in the middle of a crisis.  Sorry but when you are in a position like that its your life and you don't take a LOA.  One position that Trump did right was put Mike Pompeo in as SOS.  He did a good job with that.  Part of keeping peace with other countries is respect and fear.  Rights now the world is laughing at us with a bumbling POTUS and nobody fears us. We will be continuously tested as long as he is there.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Archie said:

Problem is that Biden doesn't have the cognitive ability to do much more that dress himself if he's even capable of that. 

Yeah, I didn’t read past this ridiculous opening sentence, since I figured its only purpose is to signal the utter ridiculousness of everything following it.

And even if by chance everything following it was not ridiculous, then this ridiculous sentence did you a disservice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

53 minutes ago, Archie said:

Problem is that Biden doesn't have the cognitive ability to do much more that dress himself if he's even capable of that.  There's no way he is going to guide us through a crisis. 

Your rhetoric of Trump being supported by Putin is just propaganda from the dems.  How many new wars did Trump get us into?  None, and barely a year through Biden's term we're looking at a war and against one of the biggest superpowers in the world.  Its a conflict that is being made worse by Biden running his mouth and trying to make into something bigger.  Even Zelensky wants him to shut up and said he's making it worse.  I still think the Biden admin wants to blow it up as big as possible then when nothing happens they can take credit for solving it.  If Biden keeps fueling the fire something is going to happen and it won't be good.

Lastly, one thing Biden and Trump have in common is they didn't surround themselves with good people.  Biden's administration is full of racial preference and not ability.  We even have a Transportation Sec. that took a paternity leave in the middle of a crisis.  Sorry but when you are in a position like that its your life and you don't take a LOA.  One position that Trump did right was put Mike Pompeo in as SOS.  He did a good job with that.  Part of keeping peace with other countries is respect and fear.  Rights now the world is laughing at us with a bumbling POTUS and nobody fears us. We will be continuously tested as long as he is there.

Once you say something as ridiculous as the first sentence, no one is going to take anything you say seriously or read anything past it. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Archie said:

Everything Biden does is bad. Biden is senile. Because everything Biden does is bad and Biden is senile.

Rinse, Repeat, etc.

57 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Once you say something as ridiculous as the first sentence, no one is going to take anything you say seriously or read anything past it. 

My thing is that, even setting aside the ridiculousness of the first sentence, the bulk of the post just isn't persuasive. It just reads like an opinion that starts from a conclusion (ie. everything Biden does is bad / Biden derangement syndrome) and just works backward from there.

And the reality is that, for all the complaining about posting link after link of proof that would get ignored, the reality is that any opinion that doesn't fit Archie's will summarily get ignored and discarded no matter how backed up with links or reason or what have ya. It just is what it is.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, romad1 said:

This is a weird pop-culture reference, but it's almost like Putin, ala the Russian baddy in the Bond film Octopussy, just assumed that he could roll NATO with his scheme, when the reality is that NATO has projected more strength in the past week or so than the alliance has in a while. All on account of his aggression.

The danger is that he's in a corner now.... just domestically, he has to come away with a W.

4 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

This is a weird pop-culture reference, but it's almost like Putin, ala the Russian baddy in the Bond film Octopussy, just assumed that he could roll NATO with his scheme, when the reality is that NATO has projected more strength in the past week or so than the alliance has in a while. All on account of his aggression.

The danger is that he's in a corner now.... just domestically, he has to come away with a W.

Steven Berkoff the same villain as was in Beverly Hills Cop.   That movie is very rewatchable.  Everyone in the 80s was a lot thinner (cocaine, lack of fructose, overworking weight training?)

17 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Russia's 100,000 troops won't be enough to subjugate Ukraine.  It might mess up Ukraine's stuff but, expect an Afghanistan style proxy war. 

9 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Russia's 100,000 troops won't be enough to subjugate Ukraine.  It might mess up Ukraine's stuff but, expect an Afghanistan style proxy war. 

Unless it's all a Putin Bluff.

Or... he overplayed his hand and is realizing the cost of playing this game is way higher than he first thought...

50/50 on whether he actually invades.

Biden has successfully laid out his plan of attack, apprised Putin of the cost, got all of Europe to buy into this tough stance ("calling" Putin's Bluff - even though Germany dragged it's feet in this), and has a near united Congress & Senate behind him...

He's been genius in this predicament.

3 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Unless it's all a Putin Bluff.

Or... he overplayed his hand and is realizing the cost of playing this game is way higher than he first thought...

50/50 on whether he actually invades.

Biden has successfully laid out his plan of attack, apprised Putin of the cost, got all of Europe to buy into this tough stance ("calling" Putin's Bluff - even though Germany dragged it's feet in this), and has a near united Congress & Senate behind him...

He's been genius in this predicament.

Yes indeed,  No complaint about Biden thus far.

The UK have also been leaders in NATO on this.  The first large shipments to Kiev of ATGM were sent by them.   I think because the UK Minister for Defence is angling for Boris' job.