Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

4 hours ago, Archie said:

The Biden's involvement in China is no secret except you won't find out from his liberal media. In all fairness the right wing media doesn't post the negative articles about their people either.   I don't have time to search and post all the links out there. You can do that yourself if you want to know.  Or as some say, ignorance is bliss.  You can stay uninformed and live in the liberal fantasy world believing Biden isn't as corrupt as any other long time politician, he's working for the American people and he's got all his marbles.

“I don’t care to back up my claims, just go to the rabbit hole and look for it yourself.”

3 hours ago, Archie said:

Various reports, including ultra liberal CNN says Zelensky is unhappy with Biden for saying an invasion is certain and Putin says Biden is blowing it out of proportion. 

Sounds like Biden wants the situation to be worse than it is. That way when there is no invasion Joey will be beating his chest taking credit for solving the problem when he didn't do anything.  Time will tell.

Well, then, if Putin himself says we’re blowing it out of proportion, well, that settles that, don’t it, Bunker?

12 minutes ago, chasfh said:

“I don’t care to back up my claims, just go to the rabbit hole and look for it yourself.”

This is the worst take of all time.  I really hate when people say "prove it" when it is right there to be seen if they want to see it then act like the person is lazy for not copying a link or 2.  Not even talking about this specific situation, I did not even read it, but I see this take online so much and it is beyond a peeve for me.  People that say that have their mind already set...it does not matter at all what the other person references.  It is just a lazy take from both sides when they already know it does not matter what the info says...their mind is already made up.

Carry on the argument.

12 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

This is the worst take of all time.  I really hate when people say "prove it" when it is right there to be seen if they want to see it then act like the person is lazy for not copying a link or 2.  Not even talking about this specific situation, I did not even read it, but I see this take online so much and it is beyond a peeve for me.  People that say that have their mind already set...it does not matter at all what the other person references.  It is just a lazy take from both sides when they already know it does not matter what the info says...their mind is already made up.

Carry on the argument.

Can you tell us what Bunker is talking about?

45 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I'm not making a claim who is or isn't right in regards to Ukraine, but it is odd that the traditional war hawks and dems seem to be aligned right now.

It starts to make more sense when you take into account the embrace of illiberal governments who happen to align on policy by certain parts of conservative movement. Think Orban in Hungary or the PiS in Poland. Or frankly Putin in some respects.

To be clear, I don't think it's a majority of the conservative movement... and Ukraine has a lot of support among elected Republicans. But it's become a lot more vocal and it's presence is outsized in conservative movement and in conservative media (ie. Tucker Carlson).

I don't know that "dems" have moved much on this in general.... Biden up to the point has approached this situation about how I would have expected based on how his former boss approached Ukraine back in the mid-2010s. And the Dems, like on every other domestic issue, are a bigger tent on foreign policy as well.... the party has a mix of internationalist types, pragmatists and anti-war types.

Edited by mtutiger

16 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

It starts to make more sense when you take into account the embrace of illiberal governments who happen to align on policy by certain parts of conservative movement. Think Orban in Hungary or the PiS in Poland. Or frankly Putin in some respects.

To be clear, I don't think it's a majority of the conservative movement, but it's become a lot more vocal and it's presense is outsized in conservative media (ie. Tucker Carlson)

right - and don't underestimate the religious aspect. The American MS media doesn't focus on it because it doesn't resonate with the frequencies of their cultural antennae, but Putin wraps himself in the mantel of the Orthodox church as the defender of all that is holy against the 'corruption' of Western cultural liberalism. There are not a few in the US for whom that resonates as the same cultural warfare in which they see themselves engaged.

We also tend to miss that in the US because we are conditioned to think of Soviet "Godless Communism" and Putin as an heir of that because of his KGB background, but the fact is that he positions himself as heir to both the Soviet geographical empire and the Tsarist Orthodox cultural legacy and has largely co-opted today's Russian Orthodox church.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

Uh oh …

Not unlike the dreaded “vote of confidence”.  

so that means the Russians will be probing to start some kind of incident to use as pretext that they didn't start the shooting. But by now I think that is pretty well anticipated as Putin's strategy. Things are just getting more explicit.

58 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

Carry on the argument.

How can you carry on an argument if all you are bringing is conjecture without any proof? It’s completely pointless to debate if you can’t back up what is being said. 

I could post link after link of proof and you would ignore it so why waste my time.  If it doesn't come from the liberal media you don't want to hear it.  As I said before the liberal media won't report it. If you want to only know half the story that's your choice to look foolish.

20 minutes ago, Archie said:

I could post link after link of proof and you would ignore it so why waste my time.  If it doesn't come from the liberal media you don't want to hear it.  As I said before the liberal media won't report it. If you want to only know half the story that's your choice to look foolish.

Just posting a link would at least give us some idea of what you're talking about. How can we have a discussion about what you want to if you keep your point hidden in a black box? "Biden's involvement in China" simply isn't enough.

If you're not motivated enough to even tell us what you're talking about, then it can't be important.

33 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Just posting a link would at least give us some idea of what you're talking about. How can we have a discussion about what you want to if you keep your point hidden in a black box? "Biden's involvement in China" simply isn't enough.

If you're not motivated enough to even tell us what you're talking about, then it can't be important.

That can go both ways.  I look at more media outlets than I can count. More than half are liberal sites because I want to know what both sides are talking about.  If people cared about the truth and not just their perspective then they would be looking at both sides too. I see it too often here where a right wing site is called fake or bad information.  You don't really know that. All you know is if doesn't agree with what you want.  Expand your horizons and your knowledge.

There's been reports for months on Bidens ties to China. If my post is the first you heard of it then you are way behind, don't have the full picture and are probably being led by your own politics.

7 minutes ago, Archie said:

That can go both ways.  I look at more media outlets than I can count. More than half are liberal sites because I want to know what both sides are talking about.  If people cared about the truth and not just their perspective then they would be looking at both sides too. I see it too often here where a right wing site is called fake or bad information.  You don't really know that. All you know is if doesn't agree with what you want.  Expand your horizons and your knowledge.

There's been reports for months on Bidens ties to China. If my post is the first you heard of it then you are way behind, don't have the full picture and are probably being led by your own politics.

It would help immensely to know what exactly you're talking about so we can address your specific concern. All you're doing instead is accusing us of slappyism for, I guess, not accepting what you say at face value, when all we're trying to do is figure out exactly what it is you're talking about.

The more you refuse to do it, the more it looks like you have no confidence in your own accusation, whatever it may be.

Edited by chasfh
  • Like 1

I heard a report that China has asked Russia to not overshadow the Olympics, which means if it is going to happen, it's going to happen any second now with the idea that Russia thinks they roll in without any/much fighting and we don't respond and the Olympics take away any international coverage or it happens on 2/21.

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

It would help immensely to know what exactly you're talking about so we can address your specific concern. All you're doing instead is accusing us of slappyism for, I guess, not accepting what you say at face value, when all we're trying to do is figure out exactly what it is you're talking about.

The more you refuse to do it, the more it looks like you have no confidence in your own accusation, whatever it may be.

It's like turning in a research paper with only personal conjecture and no citations of fact or research to back any points made throughout the paper up. That's how he posts. "Ultra liberal CNN" and "What Biden's doing in China" and other bits of opinion with no merit or truth behind them.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

10 hours ago, Archie said:

The Biden's involvement in China is no secret except you won't find out from his liberal media. In all fairness the right wing media doesn't post the negative articles about their people either.   I don't have time to search and post all the links out there. You can do that yourself if you want to know.  Or as some say, ignorance is bliss.  You can stay uninformed and live in the liberal fantasy world believing Biden isn't as corrupt as any other long time politician, he's working for the American people and he's got all his marbles.

Here, let me help you out with a link since you're spewing another stream of horseshit:

It's Hunter, not "The Biden's". You're trying to rope Joe into his son's doings and FALSELY accusing Joe of corruption. Another Freaking LIE from Archie Bunker.

Your accusations and LIES have been DEBUNKED by Politifact. 

Here you go:

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/oct/19/fact-checking-claims-about-hunter-biden-joe-biden-/

50 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Here, let me help you out with a link since you're spewing another stream of horseshit:

It's Hunter, not "The Biden's". You're trying to rope Joe into his son's doings and FALSELY accusing Joe of corruption. Another Freaking LIE from Archie Bunker.

Your accusations and LIES have been DEBUNKED by Politifact. 

Here you go:

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/oct/19/fact-checking-claims-about-hunter-biden-joe-biden-/

So you do admit Hunter's involved in China.  Do you think he does this on his own and doesn't involve his father who has spoon fed him his entire life?  Joe is up to his neck in this as much as his boy and other family. Apparently his brother is involved too.  Politifact is a left leaning site. There are too many reports on the Biden China connection to ignore. Do I need to put you ignore again?

• Haha 1

And yet the Trump kids dealings with China (see Ivanka's Chinese licenses for whatever clothing and other lines she had), Russia and other countries where they are still (I assume) trying to do real estate deals (between acting as advisors to their father, even though they could not get security clearance thru proper channels) don't phase you at all.

https://www.vox.com/21527215/hunter-biden-jared-ivanka-eric-don-junior

Edited by CMRivdogs
  • Thanks 1