Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

15 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Blockchain currency is really just about freedom. 

I always like the explanation about crypto being the Millennial whiz kids revenge for having missed the tech revolution that made the lucky boomer whiz kids there at its beginnings into billionaires. That from the beginning cyptos were designed primarily as a vehicle to make its launchers rich, any other objectives/functions being secondary.  

Edited by gehringer_2

9 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I always like the explanation about crypto being the Millennial whiz kids revenge for having missed the tech revolution that made the lucky boomer whiz kids there at its beginnings into billionaires. That from the beginning cyptos were designed primarily as a vehicle to make its launchers rich, any other objectives/functions being secondary.  

Launchers, launderers its just a couple different blocks of code difference

Ukranian drone hit on a unit inside a refinery in Rostov. Can't tell from the supplied video much about what kind of unit it was other than that it appeared to go up in flames rapidly, but not explode, so it was likely a process unit that did not operate under pressure. For instance, more likely a crude still than a ''cat" cracker. 

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1539523104443092992

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

Ukranian drone hit on a unit inside a refinery in Rostov. Can't tell from the supplied video much about what kind of unit it was other than that it appeared to go up in flames rapidly, but not explode, so it was likely a process unit that did not operate under pressure. For instance, more likely a crude still than a ''cat" cracker. 

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1539523104443092992

My colleague was watching that and the Russians he overheard were like "welp, I guess we should break out the clear liquids because our day is over"

10 minutes ago, pfife said:

HFSP

The use of blockchain is frowned upon among people who have financial disclosure reporting to comply with every year.   I don't think its not allowed but it sure enough complicates matters.   Or at least those who answer honestly to the questions and are not making sweetheart deals with bone-saw wielding Saudis. 

My wife really has the headachy compliance.  She has to list individual stocks in her portfolio.

7 minutes ago, romad1 said:

The use of blockchain is frowned upon among people who have financial disclosure reporting to comply with every year.   I don't think its not allowed but it sure enough complicates matters.   Or at least those who answer honestly to the questions and are not making sweetheart deals with bone-saw wielding Saudis. 

My wife really has the headachy compliance.  She has to list individual stocks in her portfolio.

The ironic thing is that's an alleged benefit of blockchain, it's single source of truth ledger is supposedly supposed to make audits & compliance easier!

I'm definitely having fun staying poor on the currencification (my new word) of blockchain, which might explain why I'm asking this question, but if you have a single source ledger of truth as the basis of the entire technology, how the hell do people's apes get stolen? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, pfife said:

The ironic thing is that's an alleged benefit of blockchain, it's single source of truth ledger is supposedly supposed to make audits & compliance easier!

I'm definitely having fun staying poor on the currencification (my new word) of blockchain, which might explain why I'm asking this question, but if you have a single source ledger of truth as the basis of the entire technology, how the hell do people's apes get stolen? 

The 'security' of Crypto is illusory. The tech does make it secure against one kind of attack - man-in-the-middle attack of transmitted data. But there are many other kinds of attack on assets and for those it's often worse than a conventional bank account. 

One of the issues with Crypto is that it actually offers no identity based security. IOW, if I go to the bank tomorrow and the bank says I am not me, I have some recourse to prove my identity to the bank, or ultimately to a judge who can rule that I am who I say I am. Crypto accounts are like numbered Swiss accounts, only the number(well -a crypto key) of the account # is recognized by the system, - you have no other provable identity. Thus any fraud against that number - which is prone to all the kinds of fraud and theft any other piece of information is,  is absolute and there is generally no recourse, because there is no identity backstop in the system.

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

This is the difference in our styles of war and of our cultures

Those WWII news videos have always amazed me, when you see a truck with a big mattress box full of rockets pull up, and then the rockets go off...how the heck did they have any idea where those were landing?