Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

7 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I just  need to fist pump over Sweden and Finland today.  And the US setting up a permanent deployment to Poland!

Collective security for the win!

Seeing many reports that the Ukrainians are bleeding Russian forces at an unsustainable rate, but no evidence yet that is having any practical effect on the ground, and of course it's no picnic for Ukrainian forces either.

5 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Seeing many reports that the Ukrainians are bleeding Russian forces at an unsustainable rate, but no evidence yet that is having any practical effect on the ground, and of course it's no picnic for Ukrainian forces either.

Ukrainians are also being bled.  Its no picnic in Donbas

This is an awesome story.  This is the result of the Spanish and French long range guns + the Harpoons + the SA-11 belt.  The only thing that could stop Ukraine shipping grain from Odessa are Russian subs...but imagine how much they will shit themselves when those get sunk. 

Also, the Russians claiming they are withdrawing as a show of their "goodwill" is akin to a drunk driver telling the cops he'll get in the squad car voluntarily as a show of goodwill.

An observation by savvy colleagues of mine.  Russia has a strategic vulnerability in their campaign in the East which has relied on preponderance of artillery:  the supply of ammo is likely to be sloppily managed and poor OPSEC is going to provide Ukraine opportunities to hit that supply.  

6 hours ago, romad1 said:

An observation by savvy colleagues of mine.  Russia has a strategic vulnerability in their campaign in the East which has relied on preponderance of artillery:  the supply of ammo is likely to be sloppily managed and poor OPSEC is going to provide Ukraine opportunities to hit that supply.  

Yup - one of the commentators at OSINT made the good point it's much easier to destroy a handful of static ammunition dumps than find and destroy hundreds of mobile artillery pieces but gives you the same outcome. And it takes advantage of apparent Russian limitations in training manpower and logistics that prevent them from distributing their resources more diffusely.

I was taught a key phrase to tell the Russians if I was captured.  The person in the second video is repeating it.  Its something like muther f'er.  When I was taught it the implication was to invite one's captor to have sex with his own mother so as to get killed sooner.  We were never taught "don't kill me, i know secrets"

Edited by romad1

15 hours ago, romad1 said:

Georgia... You probably won't vote her out...but man alive. 

This was a sitting congressman making a political speech in a church!

George Carlin had the perfect thing to say about this exact circumstance:

I don’t know how you feel about it but I have just about had it with these fucking church people. All of them. You know what I say we ought to do with these churches? Tax them! Tax these motherfuckers! If they’re so interested in politics and government policy and public policy, let them pay their admission price like everybody else!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Why do we not get candidates like that in the United States?  Most of our politicians look like her grand dad.  

Michigan state senator Mallory McMarrow is pretty close in terms of coolness.   I would say AOC could do this look.  I would also say, (begrudgingly) that former prostitute Lauren Boebert could do this too but she'd goober it up with a gun or a cowboy hat. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Michigan state senator Mallory McMarrow is pretty close in terms of coolness.   I would say AOC could do this look.  I would also say, (begrudgingly) that former prostitute Lauren Boebert could do this too but she'd goober it up with a gun or a cowboy hat. 

AOC is as close as we have here.  Boebert is hot, but too trashy.  I don't know Mallory McMarrow.