Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

16 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

People in RW Twitter (and far lefty Twitter for that matter) are never gonna be satisfied with anything this administration does on Ukraine.

Regardless of whether there is invasion (ie. The US looks weak, all Biden's fault) or not (ie. Biden was just being alarmist, needless provacative, trying to goose weapons sales, etc.)

I think the admin has played their hand pretty decently so far on the information war. The best psyops tactic you have against Putin is make it look like you are predicting what he is doing because he will hate more than anything else to prove you right. So the public intelligence campaign has been a good work. No doubt not enough by itself but a good piece of an overall effort.

27 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

People in RW Twitter (and far lefty Twitter for that matter) are never gonna be satisfied with anything this administration does on Ukraine.

Regardless of whether there is invasion (ie. The US looks weak, all Biden's fault) or not (ie. Biden was just being alarmist, needless provacative, trying to goose weapons sales, etc.)

I had an extended discussion with a colleague who is in the Durham-is-too-a-thing camp.  She was saying that Biden is weak because he would NEVER fly to Kiev like he needed to to do the diplomacy of this situation.  Well, of course not.  Why should he fly there?  He doesn't have to convince the Ukrainians of anything.  "Here are giant bags of money and pallets of ammo and kick-ass tank killing and drone killing missiles.  We probably can't get you THAAD or the better Patriot systems without training your folks up, Maybe Turkey loans you some S-400s (which are really S-250s amirite?!) Would you like to get some ice cream?  I ran here to prove i'm not sundowning"

Same person was upset at impeachment over something, something involving Ukraine. 

11 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I think the admin has played their hand pretty decently so far on the information war. The best psyops tactic you have against Putin is make it look like you are predicting what he is doing because he will hate more than anything else to prove you right. So the public intelligence campaign has been a good work. No doubt not enough by itself but a good piece of an overall effort.

Sullivan has impressed me. 

12 hours ago, romad1 said:

Maybe when that war is over that crew can come over and help my city replace the the old lead piping under the streets. The city just took over a year to do a one-mile stretch of Armitage, and they left the street looking like the surface of the moon.

14 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Maybe when that war is over that crew can come over and help my city replace the the old lead piping under the streets. The city just took over a year to do a one-mile stretch of Armitage, and they left the street looking like the surface of the moon.

if it were a military necessity to replace your pipes in a couple hours under gunfire they would invent a way to do that.  If it just means kids not being developmentally stunted: well that's what you get for being among the proles.  

Man, who am i anymore?  :--)

5 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

This supports the idea that Russia wants this to come off as a false flag started by the Ukraine being the aggressor 

Part of the Putin playbook. Their state media has been running this falsehood for several days. Some things never change.

8 hours ago, romad1 said:

wow

See what I mean?

Putin is adamant.

And not just with Ukraine. 

He wants all US Forces and NATO out of Warsaw Pact countries so he can reinstitute the power of the Soviet Union, including controlling former WP countries. He has put it into writing:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tensions-between-u-russia-just-175129111.html

Go F yourself Putin.

Based on the response he has given: I mobilize NATO forces to Poland, Germany, and Rumania. Numbering in the 100's of thousands. I mobilize tank and artillery divisions. I mobilize Air Force units and place a naval blockade of the Bosporus Straits. 

We either defend NATO territory against this fascist scumbag... or we fail.