Week Four: Seattle Seahawks (1-2) @ Detroit Lions (1-2)

MichiganCardinal

levi onzuwirke, josh paschal, dj chark, deandre swift, hai vaitai, jonah jackson, amon ra st brown, romeo okwara, john cominsky jameson williams, jerry jacobs, tracy walker.

your team has two playmakers on offense and theyre both hurt.  youre playing a backup center at guard and a backup tackle at the other guard.  your defense stinks and theyre down 1/2 their defensive linemen and their best safety.

you still have to win, but come on!  the lions are already not the most talented team and to top it off theyre beat to hell.

but its dan campbell's fault theyre not "ready to play."  a moron sports talk radio caller response.

this game sucks, but there's a reason it sucks and that reason is not dan campbell.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, buddha said:

might wanna re-think that one.

The whole defense looks awful today. They have injuries with no depth on DL or in secondary, and they have been weak at linebacker for years.

The post I was responding to was SOL-ing about this staff's inability to identify or develop talent. Okudah is markedly better than he was under Fatricia.  

if there is a criticism of the lions its on defense and that should be a criticism of brad holmes and aaron glenn.

holmes drafted ozuwirke and paschal in round two and neither can get on the field.  levi was talented but had red flags of not playing up to potential and a bad back.  both have sprung up.  who knows about paschal.

glenn looked like superman for a few weeks but that defense cant stop anyone right now.  at some point you have to look at the guy calling the plays.

8 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I promise they looked far worse many times in the Patricia era.

I am pissed too, but I still have flashbacks of Fatty Matty’s defensive genius.

This is a far better than the Patricia era... It's just that the heightened expectations, set in part by playmakers that currently are not playing in this game, are not being met.

It feels like progress tbh, although I understand why many are impatient

Edited by mtutiger