Week Four: Seattle Seahawks (1-2) @ Detroit Lions (1-2)

MichiganCardinal

2091858940_LionsLogo.png.b4b0d39c41a40ec4e8af89d826c0bb20.png  vs.  1326455008_SeahawksLogo.jpeg.1bb19e00f1c95b8e39b8fab384af2f89.jpeg

Setting: 10/02/2022 1:00pm EST on FOX

Site: Ford Field in Detroit, MI

Weather: Climate Controlled

Opening Spread: Lions -5.5

All-Time Series Record: Seahawks lead, 11-5

Last Meeting: 01/02/2022, Seahawks won 51-29

Seattle Seahawks (1-2)

Head Coach: Pete Carroll (17th Season: 153-106-1)

Projected Starting QB: Geno Smith (10th Season: 14-23)

Last Week: 27-23 L v. Atlanta Falcons (1-2)

Looking Ahead to Week #5: Sunday @ New Orleans Saints (1-2)

416704585_SeahawksPic.jpeg.d76bc3475da8bee5dba7d0be78396891.jpeg

Your Detroit Lions (1-2)

Head Coach: Dan Campbell (2nd Season: 4-15-1)

Projected Starting QB: Jared Goff (7th Season: 46-39-1)

Last Week: 28-24 L @ Minnesota Vikings (2-1)

Looking Ahead to Week #5: Sunday @ New England Patriots (1-2)

691285072_LionsPicSeahawks.jpeg.50773e1f5efab362347eb9a0abb2469d.jpeg

Elsewhere in the NFL

Primetime: Dolphins @ Bengals (TNF), Chiefs @ Buccaneers (SNF), Rams @ 49ers (MNF)

1:00pm: Vikings @ Saints, Jets @ Steelers, Bears @ Giants, Titans @ Colts, Chargers @ Texans, Browns @ Falcons, Commanders @ Cowboys, Jaguars @ Eagles, Bills @ Ravens

4:05/4:25pm: Cardinals @ Panthers, Broncos @ Raiders, Patriots @ Packers

I want to see a statement win here. It should be a win, but I want a win by double digits. I don’t want to see a team that comes out flat after the heart breaker, I want to see a team that comes out pissed.

Seattle is really bad. Geno Smith behind a Swiss cheese offensive line and a defense that is middling at best. Make a statement win and give yourself a shot to go into the bye week above 0.500.

Wonder if Okudah is gonna shadow DK Metcalf all day? He's stopped guys like Devonte Smith, McLaughlin and Jefferson but DK is alot more physically imposing than them and may have more straight line speed. If he shuts him down then he will have shut down a wide array of receivers with a bunch of different skillsets.

53 minutes ago, buddha said:

they were doubling jefferson a lot.  just like philly.  no offense to okudah, he played well (for what we can see on the tv) but they went away from him because osborne and thielen had single coverage.

And you were worried about Jefferson...for good reason. But the Lions drafted Okudah and Swift with Hurts still on the board. You just never know what guys will do at the next level.

8 hours ago, buddha said:

how did aj brown do against okudah?

8 hours ago, buddha said:

i like that okudah is playing well, but we dont have to exaggerate it.

It's not exaggeration, those are the facts. Amani lined up mostly on AJ Brown. When Okudah was covering him, he gave up one catch for 10 yards and one for negative yards. Let's not minimize the job he did on Smith. Smith is a 1st round pick who on his next two games had 8 and 7 catches.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jeff-okudah-breaking-down-lions-210224756.html

The emergence of Okudah is one of the best Lions stories in years.   Finally, a 1st rounder that started slow who was able to break out.  I can’t remember the last time it happened.    He’s playing at a pro bowl level right and it’s great to see. It’s a big deal for the future of the team to have a legit #1 corner as one of the boxes already checked.     

Edited by Hongbit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

I’m not the biggest fan of some of the PFF stats but this one is very interesting.   Tells quite a bit.  You can see which OL are trash and which QB needs to do a better job releasing the ball to avoid knockdowns.  No surprise Rodgers and Brady are some of the best at avoiding it.  

22 hours ago, Hongbit said:

I’m not the biggest fan of some of the PFF stats but this one is very interesting.   Tells quite a bit.  You can see which OL are trash and which QB needs to do a better job releasing the ball to avoid knockdowns.  No surprise Rodgers and Brady are some of the best at avoiding it.  

Wow, the Bears really hate Justin Fields, don't they?