Week Four: Seattle Seahawks (1-2) @ Detroit Lions (1-2)

MichiganCardinal

These are the games that it hurts the most to have guys miss cause the margin for error on winning is already small to begin with and it's a game that you expect to win.

If guys are going to miss Id rather it be the game that you only had a 30% chance of winning anyway and essentially had marked as a loss to start the season. 

this season is starting to shape up just like last year on the injury front.

except this year they were supposed to be better.  im not sure they have the depth to compete if all their best players are hurt.

best safety?  out.

best playmaking rb?  out.

best wide receiver?  out.

sheesh lions.

Here we are at the crossroads of  We Are Different Lane and Same Old Lines Blvd. 

The first Lions game I remember was when I was 12 and they were about to lose to the BALTIMORE Colts. The 5-7 Lions were down 10 -6 with 10 seconds left the Colts (9-3) punter was at his own 10 yard line and instead of running around for a safety and running out the clock, they tried to punt - the punt was blocked by Leonard Thompson who also returned it for an easy TD.  

That was in 1977.  I've been following ever since and how many times have we seen this scenario where we know the Lions are better than a team and they absolutely should and need to win it only to get beat.     I know every fanbase can point to a few games like this, but for us it's kind of the norm. 

Time to break that cycle.  If you lose this one, your rabid fanbase who has embraced you quite loudly this year is probably out the door.  

History is not on our side today.      A lot of excuses in the air (injuries). 

I don't care.  Be different and win this fucking game.

Edited by Motor City Sonics