09/27/2022 6:40 EDT Kansas City Royals at Detroit Tigers

casimir

Achievable goals are good. Don’t lose 100 games. Don’t finish last place in the Central. Have a lower negative run differential than KC. On a cold December night I’ll snuggle in the icy air of my cold water flat with my teeth chattering and the memory of these achievements will keep me warm. It’ll be like that old Ambrose Bierce story where that guy thinks he’s on the gallows at owl creek bridge but actually it was a bad dream and he’s coming home to his loving wife. 

• Like 1

We were at the game sitting in the "Dogs" section.  It was cold.  Last time I was cold at a game was probably opening day.  These are the kinds of games I stay home in April and May but with the final week of the season I want to get my kicks in.  I like the 6:40 start times. That extra half hour means a lot during the week. 

2 hours ago, oblong said:

We were at the game sitting in the "Dogs" section.  It was cold.  Last time I was cold at a game was probably opening day.  These are the kinds of games I stay home in April and May but with the final week of the season I want to get my kicks in.  I like the 6:40 start times. That extra half hour means a lot during the week. 

I was thinking about this the other day.  If it were this temperature on March 27 rather than September 27, it might be shorts and light sweatshirt weather.  Rather, because we are coming off of summer rather than winter, its parka weather.

5 minutes ago, casimir said:

I was thinking about this the other day.  If it were this temperature on March 27 rather than September 27, it might be shorts and light sweatshirt weather.  Rather, because we are coming off of summer rather than winter, its parka weather.

I remember wearing shorts to a few playoff games in 2011.... of course I also remember the 2006 ALCS being the coldest I have ever been at a game.   I guess that's the midwest in Sept/Oct.  It can be 70.  It can be 40.  Last week it was almost 90 here.

The thing that hurt last night was the wind.  Luckily in our seats we didn't feel it but going out to the concourse was tough.

Used our remote start for the first time since spring.

3 hours ago, oblong said:

I remember wearing shorts to a few playoff games in 2011.... of course I also remember the 2006 ALCS being the coldest I have ever been at a game.   I guess that's the midwest in Sept/Oct.  It can be 70.  It can be 40.  Last week it was almost 90 here.

The thing that hurt last night was the wind.  Luckily in our seats we didn't feel it but going out to the concourse was tough.

Used our remote start for the first time since spring.

It seems like the entirety of the 2006 playoffs in Detroit was cold, cold, cold.