10/19/2022 7:00 EDT Orlando Magic vs Detroit Pistons

casimir

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

There running around Ivey like he's a pylon. Where's his quicks?

That was a knock on him coming out of college.  Not sure if it is an effort issue or a quickness issue.  Obviously, he is lightning in transition so you would think he would have at least decent lateral quickness.  

43 minutes ago, Hart said:

I was pretty hopeful about Stewart developing a three point shot last year that would allow him to be a good starter.  If it happens, it happens.  But I think we are to the point where he is a better fit as an energy guy off the bench.  

I think Stew’s three will be fine. It’s actually another reason I want him paired with another big because he can space the floor for the other guy. Two of Bagley, Duren, and Noel together is a bad idea. You need Bojan or Stew paired up with one of them. Try to turn him into Grant Williams is your best bet. 

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

It's easy to see star potential in Ivey as long as he doesn't kill himself out there in the process. 

Agree on Ivey.  I don't expect him to shoot well from the perimeter this year but it is going to be hard for him not to be a star on offense by year two or three just from his explosiveness.  He missed some bunnies tonight he will usually make.

The question I have is how much will he commit himself to defense.  Is he going to be a star on offense and a liability on defense or will he put the effort in on both ends?  

Well, that was fun. Ivey and Duren looking special out there. Bojan was as advertised and now that Cade has some shooters to pass to he racked up the assists. Casey actually ran a few different defensive looks, not just switch everything. 

Enjoy this win. It’s a rough schedule for the first 20 games. 

Duren was the story tonight for me.  Losing Bagley may really expedite his development.  You see why many thought he was a top 5 pick when he was in high school.  Playing one year at Memphis should not have dropped him to 13 overall.  

Also, it is noteworthy that Cade had no fouls after picking up two in the first quarter and three turnovers is acceptable also.  Only 12 for the team.  That is a big reason the Pistons won.  

• Like 2