10/31/2022 8:00 EDT Detroit Pistons vs Milwaukee Bucks

casimir

Noel with a block and a steal in the first half.  He provides something we have been lacking.  Can disrupt passing lanes and shots.  

Diallo and Killian were terrible on offense as usual.  Diallo's 3-6 were a fluke.  Low percentage shots for the most part that he was lucky on.  I guess the 4 rebounds were meaningful.  He did provide some energy.  

I think Cade's three point shooting is being helped by his mid range game.  Simply a confidence thing.  

Terrible stretch of basketball for the Pistons.  Bucks going to run away with this.  Which was expected I guess.  

I'd like to see Cade show more consistency in the second half.  He needs to be able to maintain his level of play when teams up their defense.  

Pistons playing tough down the stretch. Surprisingly on the defensive side too. Keep it close, give yourself a chance at the end. For as well as the Bucks shot the ball early in the game, the Pistons showed a lot of grit and competitiveness to make it a close game late in the fourth.

Gotta be impressed that they fought to the end despite being on a back to back against one of the best teams in the league, they had some chances near the end with Cade getting a couple good looks in the final minute but unfortunately they didn't go down. Team playing much better the last 4 games than it did the previous 4 which is another good sign. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

The Buck 3 pt shooting at the end was the difference, though the Pistons also did fall into standing around watching Cade a little too much on a couple of the last possessions.

Yeah they did, though I have to say it's been really nice to see Cade in this mode of leading the offense.

He's been very effective the last few games, but he does need to get others a little more involved, especially Bey.

Beating the Warriors made this loss much more tenable. I admired how much they scrapped despite the Bucks early hot shooting and no one other than Cade really playing well offensively in the first half.

I've had enough of Killian. And Diallo scored a few buckets which is why I assume Casey kept him in for extended minutes. But once again, he looks terrible out there. Brings energy, but is just so bad offensively. Burks and Bagley replacing Hayes and Diallo off the bench will be a blessing.

I actually take little issue with Cade dominating the ball late in a close game. That's what he should be doing if he's the team's franchise player, now and going forward. Let him work out those kinks now on a bad team so that hopefully when this team gets good, he'll have that experience. Late in a close game, I want the offense to run through him pretty much exclusively, making the decision to shoot or get teammates good scoring opportunities like he did with Stewart several times.

The only caveat is that I'd like Bogey to be the second option every time, other than Stewart when he has easy looks right at the basket. Even some guard to guard picknrolls between Cade and Bogey, so that both guys are scoring threats off that action. Those are the two best scorers. Use that to close out games. It doesn't have to be just a straight Cade iso every time.

Edited by boogiebunz

11 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Gotta be impressed that they fought to the end despite being on a back to back against one of the best teams in the league, they had some chances near the end with Cade getting a couple good looks in the final minute but unfortunately they didn't go down. Team playing much better the last 4 games than it did the previous 4 which is another good sign. 

Part of that was due to them playing at home the previous 3 but, yeah, last night was a great effort. I figured that was a guaranteed game over by halftime considering that it was a back to back on the road after a big win against the Warriors but they showed a lot of resilience. 

Edited by NYLion

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Is Killian officially a worst pick than Stanley? Yeah there may not be a Booker drafted shortly after him like with Stanley but Stanley managed to stay in the league for 7 years, not sure Killian is going to do that. 

Hayes at the point, Johnson on the wing, and Milicic in the middle.  That's quite a big 3 right there if their ages lined up a bit better.

3 hours ago, Shinzaki said:

Killian looks like a decent defense back up guard with little offense.  Hard to see him growing past that

He's not even looking like that. You can't stay in the league shooting 18%. His defense is decent and looks good on a team of bad defenders, but we're not talking about Ben Wallace or Dennis Rodman level defense here. And even those guys could do SOMETHING with the ball. 

The kid needs to spend some time in the G League and see if he can figure it out. 

i think we all remember spencer dinwiddie who looked like garbage for the pistons and then turned into a player when he left, but spencer's shot was ok in detroit.  

killian's shot has become the "bonderman's changeup" for the pistons.  hell, even andre drummond made some threes in his day.

equally concerning was the inability to get to the basket and take contact.  he was always fading away and never getting to the line.

regardless, he's going to be out of the league soon unless he learns how to shoot.  

2 hours ago, buddha said:

i think we all remember spencer dinwiddie who looked like garbage for the pistons and then turned into a player when he left, but spencer's shot was ok in detroit.  

killian's shot has become the "bonderman's changeup" for the pistons.  hell, even andre drummond made some threes in his day.

equally concerning was the inability to get to the basket and take contact.  he was always fading away and never getting to the line.

regardless, he's going to be out of the league soon unless he learns how to shoot.  

Drummond even made a few free throws, too.

6 hours ago, Shinzaki said:

Killian looks like a decent defense back up guard with little offense.  Hard to see him growing past that

For the most part, teams are not looking for primarily defensive players for their backup guards.  He needs to be at least average on offense.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Betrayer said:

He's not even looking like that. You can't stay in the league shooting 18%. His defense is decent and looks good on a team of bad defenders, but we're not talking about Ben Wallace or Dennis Rodman level defense here. And even those guys could do SOMETHING with the ball. 

The kid needs to spend some time in the G League and see if he can figure it out. 

I'm not sure why the Pistons haven't had him there for an extended period.  In hockey, teams are much more willing to use the minors as a developmental tool.  The Wings have Simon Edvinsson, a very promising defenseman who's good enough to play in the NHL right now, but he wouldn't get the minutes that he will in the AHL...and in the AHL he'll be on the PP and PK and on a top pair defensively.

Why not send Hayes to the G league to work on his overall game for 30-35 minutes a night?