Week Nine: Green Bay Packers (3-5) @ Detroit Lions (1-6)

MichiganCardinal

29 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

🤦🏻‍♂️

If anyone thought the Lions would be a good team this season that says more about them than the team. Their roster is still thin, and has been decimated by injuries. They are playing rookies out of necessity. Root for the rookies to fail if you want, but if they end up failing that is not a good sign for next season. 

Next season will be a major talent injection, with Jaymo being like a third first round pick, and the additional second from teasing Hock. (Do we root for Mitchell to fail down the stretch as Hock’s replacement?)

I've been hearing these excuses for over 50 years. Not very original. Yeah, it's November but just wait until next year. We're gonna be good.....oh please.

5 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I've been hearing these excuses for over 50 years. Not very original. Yeah, it's November but just wait until next year. We're gonna be good.....oh please.

It’s not an excuse. If you thought the Lions were going to be good THIS year, especially after the last 50 years, joke’s on you. 

1 hour ago, KL2 said:

Well they are a young team and can build for the future.

Guys playing for jobs

You play to win the game.

Or whatever else bs coach speak cliche that isn't backed up by any evidence you feel like.

I know they aren't tanking. I just don't know what to root for at this point if we end up losing today. Root for improvement I guess.

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

Dan Campbell = Marty Morningwheg with better quotes. 

The tough guyization of NFL coaches is mystifying for me.  Why do they all have to look like they just rolled in from beating up a narc with their biker gang?  I laughed when the coach of the Vikings was given a tough guy beard to go with his rolly polly middle aged dude body.   I'd rather we went with the cerebral look.  

Just now, romad1 said:

The tough guyization of NFL coaches is mystifying for me.  Why do they all have to look like they just rolled in from beating up a narc with their biker gang?  I laughed when the coach of the Vikings was given a tough guy beard to go with his rolly polly middle aged dude body.   I'd rather we went with the cerebral look.  

... Does the NFL have a problem with toxic masculinity?    LOL