Week Nine: Green Bay Packers (3-5) @ Detroit Lions (1-6)

MichiganCardinal

The Lions tried everything to SOL this game but ultimately didn't. I thought this was earmarked for a 16-15 loss the moment the Packers kicked the field goal to make it 15-9.

Nice to see the young guys ball out. Joseph has been a revelation and then he gets hurt of course but he looks like a player. Barnes looking good too, Paschal as well.

Good for them.   The defense played a hell of a game today but the offence...........not good at all.     I know they are missing receivers but it's time for the Lions to just start going forward without Swift.     If he's not healthy enough to be good, why is he playing at all.   Not going to question a man's pain tolerance who gets in car accidents for a living, but it's pretty clear he's not going to be durable. 

2 minutes ago, NYLion said:

The Lions tried everything to SOL this game but ultimately didn't. I thought this was earmarked for a 16-15 loss the moment the Packers kicked the field goal to make it 15-9.

Nice to see the young guys ball out. Joseph has been a revelation and then he gets hurt of course but he looks like a player. Barnes looking good too, Paschal as well.

See........it really WAS Aubrey Pleasant's fault !

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Something changed...can't put my finger on it...but something changed

Well, four of their losses were by a total of 14 points. They just haven’t had the depth to win close games. But the Pack had like five or six key guys go out today. The Lions did enough to hang on. Good for them, and for their rookies who said to hell with draft position, let’s make plays. 

Was good to see the secondary being more aggressive today. Seems like DC’s message got through. 

5 hours ago, Jason_R said:

It’s not an excuse. If you thought the Lions were going to be good THIS year, especially after the last 50 years, joke’s on you. 

Turn that around. If you think the Lions are going to be good next year, or the year after, after the last 60 years, the jokes on all of us. 😁😁

2 hours ago, Jason_R said:

Was good to see the secondary being more aggressive today. Seems like DC’s message got through. 

We were talking only about the secondary.

Secondary coach (Pleasant) gets dumped and the aggressiveness gets ramped way up... Yeah, I think Campbell's/ DC's message and desire got through to them...

Well, four of their losses were by a total of 14 points. They just haven’t had the depth to win close games. But the Pack had like five or six key guys go out today. The Lions did enough to hang on. Good for them, and for their rookies who said to hell with draft position, let’s make plays. 

I mean, the Lions have had 5-6 key guys out all year, at minimum, so that excuse for another team doesn't hold water with me.

I recorded the game and am watching it tonight. From the sound of it though, we outplayed Green Bay from start to finish. From the box score at least, it sounds like Kerby Joseph had himself a game, which is something we desperetley needed. That is, growth from a defensive player. Excited to see just how he played.

46 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I recorded the game and am watching it tonight. From the sound of it though, we outplayed Green Bay from start to finish. From the box score at least, it sounds like Kerby Joseph had himself a game, which is something we desperetley needed. That is, growth from a defensive player. Excited to see just how he played.

we did not outplay green bay.  they turned the ball over in the end zone twice and on the goal line a third time.

we got some good turnovers for once.  kerby joseph played his butt off.  jeff okudah decided to injure our players but we survived...

2 hours ago, NYLion said:

I mean, the Lions have had 5-6 key guys out all year, at minimum, so that excuse for another team doesn't hold water with me.

What excuse? It is a fact. The Lions lost games when they were decimated by injury. Green Bay was decimated by injury today. The NFL is a game of attrition. Green Bay had bad injury luck today. Detroit took advantage. Good for them. 

What excuse? It is a fact. The Lions lost games when they were decimated by injury. Green Bay was decimated by injury today. The NFL is a game of attrition. Green Bay had bad injury luck today. Detroit took advantage. Good for them. 

My point is, nobody is saying that the Lions had bad injury luck. It's always, the Lions just suck that's all.

Even today, with Green Bay's injuries, the Lions were still ravaged by injury. They're still missing most of their receivers, their star RB was barely a factor (as much as Aaron Jones was) adn are without their best defensive player for the rest of the season, their highest paid defensive player and the guy who was their best defensive player in this game got knocked out of this game by his own teammate so, with all due respect, I'd rather not hear about the poor Packers injury luck being the major reason why the Lions won.

Edited by NYLion