Week Twelve: Buffalo Bills (7-3) @ Detroit Lions (4-6)

MichiganCardinal

1 minute ago, buddha said:

it was only a 5-10 second difference.

What?  The Lions ran 2 plays with a running clock before the 2 minute warning.  The Bills would have had to use all their timeouts.

EDIT: regardless, there is no defense of not letting the running clock go to the 2 minute warning in the red zone.

Edited by sagnam

3 minutes ago, sagnam said:

That sack would have ended the a half.

That was a tie.

There's no guaranteeing the Bills would have played the same way that drive if we gave them less time. Maybe it turns out better, maybe worse but I doubt it plays out the exact same way so you can't say for sure that sack would've ended it. I do agree though that they should've waited till after the 2 minute warning to take a snap but it may not have mattered in the end. 

5 minutes ago, sagnam said:

What?  The Lions ran 2 plays with a running clock before the 2 minute warning.  The Bills would have had to use all their timeouts.

EDIT: regardless, there is no defense of not letting the running clock go to the 2 minute warning in the red zone.

we dont know what would have happened if they had let the clock run to 2 minutes.  they might have scored on the next play and this whole argument would have been moot.

buffalo was going to get the ball back with over a minute to play.  that's a lifetime in the nfl.

regardless, they played well in the first half.  

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

There's no guaranteeing the Bills would have played the same way that drive if we gave them less time. Maybe it turns out better, maybe worse but I doubt it plays out the exact same way so you can't say for sure that sack would've ended it. I do agree though that they should've waited till after the 2 minute warning to take a snap but it may not have mattered in the end. 

FWIW, I almost think Buffalo messed up just as bad by not utilizing their time outs. Seems like they could have gotten further down the field