Week Twelve: Buffalo Bills (7-3) @ Detroit Lions (4-6)

MichiganCardinal

9077520_LionsLogo.png.268b583d04bd74f775e7e9dba9926c4f.png          vs.          bills.png.ad8c51e43e1b127d587ec739d4e41310.png

Setting: 11/24/2022 12:30pm EST on CBS

Site: Ford Field in Detroit, MI

Weather: Climate Controlled

Opening Spread: Bills -10

All-Time Series Record: Bills lead, 6-4-1

Last Meeting: 12/16/2018, Bills won 14-13

Buffalo Bills (7-3)

Head Coach: Sean McDermott (6th Season: 56-35)

Projected Starting QB: Josh Allen (5th Season: 46-24)

Last Week: 31-23 W v. Cleveland Browns (3-7), at Ford Field

Looking Ahead to Week #13: Thursday Night Football @ New England Patriots (6-4)

ezgif-3-f3a8f9ae31.thumb.jpeg.1636588cc95c646afcf279c59066c551.jpeg

Your Detroit Lions (4-6)

Head Coach: Dan Campbell (2nd Season: 7-19-1)

Projected Starting QB: Jared Goff (7th Season: 49-43-1)

Last Week: 31-18 W @ New York Giants (7-3)

Looking Ahead to Week #13: Sunday v. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-7)

usa_today_19473817.0.thumb.jpg.4d098999692ef3bff4aee2d321588d5b.jpg

Elsewhere in the NFL

Thanksgiving: Giants @ Cowboys (4:30pm), Patriots @ Vikings (8:20pm)

Primetime: Packers @ Eagles (SNF), Steelers @ Colts (MNF)

1:00pm: Broncos @ Panthers, Buccaneers @ Browns, Ravens @ Jaguars, Texans @ Dolphins, Bears @ Jets, Bengals @ Titans, Falcons @ Commanders 

4:05/4:25pm: Chargers @ Cardinals, Raiders @ Seahawks, Rams @ Chiefs, Saints @ 49ers

Happy-thanksgiving-turkey-clipart-black-and-white.thumb.png.68665207088b27f88ffe0a4446d2add5.png

52 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I had a very strange dream that the Lions won 3 games in a row, including back-to-back road games.    I need to cool it on the edibles before bed.  

What the...?  Dude.  And I thought I had crazy dreams that involved Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Lawrence.  But my dream seems totally plausible compared to what you're wacked out brain is creating.

This game has large implications for the Lions... Have to think if they manage to pull out a win, they will have somehow have found themselves on an inside track for a wildcard spot in looking at their future opponents. A loss certainly doesn't take them out of consideration, but a win makes a huge statement on a national scale.

I want to see a competitive game, and I think we will. MCDC's teams have always seemed to rise to the occasion in games against the best of the NFL, even when they come up short in the end (Eagles this year, Rams and Cardinals last year). I think the spread on this game is astronomical and will come down as the week goes on. It's hard to expect a win over a team that may be the Super Bowl favorite, but let's go out there and fight, see what happens.

• Thanks 1

Buffalo's last 3 games they lost to the Jets who imo aren't very good, lost to the Vikings who imo are good but not great and struggled against the Browns. Im willing to give them a little pass for that last game considering the weather circumstances in Buffalo and having to go play in a neutral field but still the point remains that they just havent been the same team the last month.

1 hour ago, Jason_R said:

Nobody goes from talk of tanking to talk of a playoff run faster than a Lions fan. 😂

No need to tank anyway. The Rams got us covered.

Like I said last week. We're going streaking. The tank can kiss my all of a sudden honolulu blue kool aid drinking self's ass. We play to win the games, lets get another.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

No need to tank anyway. The Rams got us covered.

Like I said last week. We're going streaking. The tank can kiss my all of a sudden honolulu blue kool aid drinking self's ass. We play to win the games, lets get another.

Was just watching Bills highlights from yesterday. The browns got shredded and didn’t look hungry at all.

The Lions are moving the needle. I don’t see either side of the ball having a manor meltdown. Stay clean and consistent we gotta legit shot.

Edited by Tigeraholic1

Looking at the standings, the Lions strength of schedule is .612. That is the toughest in the league and no other team is over .600. The Lions strength of victory is .465 which would make it tied for 6th best in the league. The Lions have played a brutal schedule and are in playoff contention. For reference, the Giants have played the 4th easiest schedule in the league and are bottom 10 in strength of victory. 

19 hours ago, Jason_R said:

Nobody goes from talk of tanking to talk of a playoff run faster than a Lions fan. 😂

Lol true,  I will say I don't think the Lions are a real playoff threat under the vast majority of years but between the NFC being way down and having 7 teams now I think they are just as capable and good as any other of the teams chasing that last spot.

6 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Screenshot_20221123-082816_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.063c46f59eaff68eb5e158081d433cd4.jpg

My sentiments exactly. 

It is great to see them playing well. It is great to see young players maturing and making plays. It is great that, even though they have to play everyone's preseason Super Bowl favorite in the Bills, they get to do it at home, on Thanksgiving, in a week when the Bills have been under duress and Josh Allen has a bad elbow. Maybe they get lucky and steal one. Then I might start talking playoffs too.

But again, we will get a first rounder in Jaymo in December, then two first rounders and two seconds in the next draft. If they finish 7-10 or 8-9 and add, in effect, five new starters, they will start next season as many people's pick to win the NFC North. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

If you take away the Patriots game, the Lions point differential is -3 over 9 games. They have played a brutal schedule and have come away still in playoff contention. The schedule now gets easier. If 8 wins makes the playoffs, I think they have a greater than 50/50 chance of making it. 

No, just no. Not losing in double digits is the goal. A good draft and maybe next season we can start out a bit better and make a run for the playoffs. But if they beat Buffalo? I'll change my mind....🤣🤣

Coming off a 3 game winning streak where the city and its fans are starting to buy into you along with being a big nationally televised game this feels like one of those games that if we truly are just the SOL that we will either A. not show up and get destroyed or B. play our asses off and either get screwed by the refs or lose in some other heartbreaking fashion.  

5 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Coming off a 3 game winning streak where the city and its fans are starting to buy into you along with being a big nationally televised game this feels like one of those games that if we truly are just the SOL that we will either A. not show up and get destroyed or B. play our asses off and either get screwed by the refs or lose in some other heartbreaking fashion.  

I came here to post that it’s almost time for our hearts to be broken. You beat me to it! 😂