Week Twelve: Buffalo Bills (7-3) @ Detroit Lions (4-6)

MichiganCardinal

I thought they played their best game of the season when you account for the level of the opposition.   Very consistent on both sides and we are seeing this defense get better right before our eyes.    

I thought Campbell and staff were terrific yesterday.  Aggressive early and the a little more cautious late when they needed to be.   No issues with the time management.   It worked out great until they were stymied by the review on thr AmonRa 2nd down catch.  The 11 seconds they added that the Lions didn’t need came back to hurt them in the end.  The 3rd down play was a great call.  It was open and they just didn’t execute.  That’s not on the coaches.    I also like they didn’t play prevent and instead played deep zone.   Joseph makes that play more often than not.    

This team is starting to buy in.  Now for the real test.    Home against a team they are favored against that everyone expects them to win.   We know as Lions fans how these situations usually work out.  A win next week is proof this regime isn’t SOL.    

Edited by Hongbit

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Malcolm Rodriguez and James Houston may have been our two best defenders yesterday - both 6th round rookies.

Gotta tip your cap to Holmes and company. That just isn't done in the NFL.

The best offensive player yesterday was a 4th round pick. The best defender in the previous game was arguably McNeil a 3rd round pick and Joseph was the best defender before that a 3rd round pick.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I think Minnesota is weaker than Green Bay given the Vikings game is at home and the Packers game is at Green Bay in late December.

But for some odd reason, the Vikings are catching all the breaks this season. Ball seems to be bouncing their way. Buffalo fumbled a snap at their own goal line, recovered by Minny for a TD. Late in the 4th quarter too. I don't want to call them lucky...but yeah, they've been lucky.

Watching this Eagles game, and they were at almost the same exact spot as the Lions were at the end of the game, with 30 seconds on the clock after having receiving the ball before the 2 minute warning. Hurts throws a pass in almost the same location as the Goff pass but the receiver actually adjusts to the ball and catches it for a TD. Green Bay gets the ball back with 13 seconds left. No one complaining about clock management or play calls. Funny what happens when everyone executes.

11 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Watching this Eagles game, and they were at almost the same exact spot as the Lions were at the end of the game, with 30 seconds on the clock after having receiving the ball before the 2 minute warning. Hurts throws a pass in almost the same location as the Goff pass but the receiver actually adjusts to the ball and catches it for a TD. Green Bay gets the ball back with 13 seconds left. No one complaining about clock management or play calls. Funny what happens when everyone executes.

Well, to be fair, winning cures everything.  But I completely agree with your thoughts here and it wasn't the clock management that screwed the Lions, it was the that 3rd and 1 play.  Whether we blame Goff or Chark or Campbell or Johnson for the play... that's certainly debatable.  (Or perhaps we just tip the cap to a better team that got a defensive stop?)  Again, whomever you blame... the clock management shouldn't be in the picture.  Given the distance and the number of TOs the Lions had, there was plenty of time to go for the win if they pick up that first down.  And that doesn't even mention that they were (obviously) in FG range so that have as an option to tie the game is they start running out of time.