Week Twelve: Buffalo Bills (7-3) @ Detroit Lions (4-6)

MichiganCardinal

44 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I was genuinely surprised that he went for the FG, looking back I think if I had to question anything that decision may have been it. Yeah Badley made it but it's not like he is Jason Hanson or Tucker, that was a 51 yard FG with all the pressure on you. I'd give him 50/50 chance at best of making it and even if he does best case scenario is OT. 

Given they still had timeouts it may have been worth their time to try and draw Buffalo offsides. I don’t think Campbell lost us this game. If anything he kept us in it.

I think Campbell is a very good motivator, an excellent leader, and an okay game day coach. For where we are as a franchise right now I think he’s perfect.

-edit
Fine a perfect coach would be perfect in all facets. I have no complaints though.

Edited by MichiganCardinal
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Given they still had timeouts it may have been worth their time to try and draw Buffalo offsides. I don’t think Campbell lost us this game. If anything he kept us in it.

I think Campbell is a very good motivator, an excellent leader, and an okay game day coach. For where we are as a franchise right now I think he’s perfect.

Yup exactly! Even if you want to say he messed up the clock management here(I still don't think he did) the fact is that clock management is a small part of being a coach and he had an undermanned Lions team in the game right to the end thanks to some of the decisions he and his coaches made. If he "played by the book" in the first half we would've had two FGs instead of 2 TDs, but do people remember that? No.

Yeah we had that stupid roughing the passer penalty on Bryant but outside of that how many egregious penalties or penalties in general did we have the whole game? We're playing through the whistle without committing dumb penalties or committing dumb penalties in general, we're not nearly blowing as many assignments as we did in years past and we're fighting to the very end. All those things are signs of great coaching and mean far more than clock management. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

People say Goff is a terrible QB, they say our RBs suck, our best WR is a "slot receiver" yet somehow we're in the top 5 in offense? Explain that if the coaching sucks? 

Our defense was undermanned to begin with now we're missing arguably our 3 best defenders yet we held a Bills team to below average yards and points but again the coaching sucks according to some people.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

People say Goff is a terrible QB, they say our RBs suck, our best WR is a "slot receiver" yet somehow we're in the top 5 in offense? Explain that if the coaching sucks? 

Our defense was undermanned to begin with now we're missing arguably our 3 best defenders yet we held a Bills team to below average yards and points but again the coaching sucks according to some people.  

Man if Stafford had Ben Johnson as OC… 

The Bills have played the Rams(week 1 before all their injuries), Vikings, Titans, Dolphins, Ravens, Chiefs and no team scored more against them than we did and they got their number 1 CB back for this game as well. We're missing half our offensive line, have St. Brown and a bunch of castoffs at WR, a banged up Swift and castoff Williams at RB yet we had our way with them only needing to punt once, yet the "coaching sucks". lol it's laughable. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

I'd like to see our offense with a mobile QB, with our O-line I think having a guy that you can run an RPO offense through could be deadly.  

It's a ways away but as of now I wouldn't mind seeing us use our two likely top 15 picks on non QBs then maybe trading up for a Hooker or Anthony Richardson in the late first if need be.  Both raw and have bust potential but at that point could be worth the risk, could be perfect for our offense. 

36 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

They were in this game from beginning to end. It wasn't a game what Buffalo got out to a big lead and they scored points late to make it close. They were toe to toe the whole game.

So that counts as a w right?

28 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

The Bills have played the Rams(week 1 before all their injuries), Vikings, Titans, Dolphins, Ravens, Chiefs and no team scored more against them than we did and they got their number 1 CB back for this game as well. We're missing half our offensive line, have St. Brown and a bunch of castoffs at WR, a banged up Swift and castoff Williams at RB yet we had our way with them only needing to punt once, yet the "coaching sucks". lol it's laughable. 

They also have a heavily dinged qb and lost von Miller today. Not to mention playing two road games in four days and dealing with family buried in snow. Let's not pretend they are at full strength like they were in week 2 like you keep doing either.

Just now, KL2 said:

They also have a heavily dinged qb and lost von Miller today. Not to mention playing two road games in four days and dealing with family buried in snow. Let's not pretend they are at full strength like they were in week 2 like you keep doing either.

The Lions played a road game on Sunday and had to travel back on a short week too. Yes their qb is dinged but he's been this way for awhile now and yeah Von Miller got hurt but players get banged up and leave games early all the time, it sucks but that's how it goes. So no the Bills weren't 100% but they were no where near as bad as the Lions since the strength of the Lions was essentially negated due to missing their guards. 

5 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Probably need to go 5-1 the rest of the way to be a playoff team. 4-2 might do it with some luck elsewhere.

Jaguars, Vikings, Jets, Panthers, Bears, Packers

I am pretty confident they are better than at least 4 of those teams. Still a tall task.

I think they needed this one to have a legit shot at the playoffs.  I think they'll likely split the rest of the games and finish 7-10 which is a very nice step forward for this franchise especially with so many key injuries that they had to navigate.

A good draft and free agency and I honestly think they have a shot to compete for the division next season.

Edited by NYLion

14 minutes ago, NYLion said:

I think they needed this one to have a legit shot at the playoffs.  I think they'll likely split the rest of the games and finish 7-10 which is a very nice step forward for this franchise especially with so many key injuries that they had to navigate.

A good draft and free agency and I honestly think they have a shot to compete for the division next season.

You are probably right that they finish a game or two below .500, which is what most expected before the season and which would indicate progress. 

OTOH, they could easily beat any -- and all -- of these teams, especially if they get Jaymo soon. I'm not saying I expect them to run the table, but against a pretty weak slate of teams (save for Minnesota) it could happen.