What makes Justyn-Henry Malloy a Worthy Asset?

Useful Idiot

6 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

What exactly are Brieske, Lange, Olson, and Faedo bouncing back to? And how will Mize bounce back if he isn't set to return until toward the end of the season, if at all?

Damnit, I wish I saved the prognostication post of the next playoff team with Daz Cameron included on it.

11 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

Which bounceback candidates are you specifically talking about?

Because... I expect bouncebacks by:

Jake Rogers

Spencer Torkelson

Riley Greene (2nd year)

Austin Meadows

Akil Baddoo

Javier Baez

Spencer Turnbull

Eduardo Rodriguez

Matt Manning

Tarik Skubal

Alex Faedo

Reese Olson

Beau Brieske

Alex Lange

Casey Mize

... To EXACTLY be the source of improvement for the Tigers in 2023, 2024 and 2025. Oh, and new rookies breaking in like Justyn Henry-Malloy, Dillon Dingler, Parker Meadows, Wenceel Perez, Ty Madden, Colt Keith, etc.

Didn't you get the memo?

why were you happy when al avila was fired?  you obviously think he assembled a very talented team.

32 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

yeah lets just remember we got him for Joe Jimenez 

I like the trade.  A pretty good position player (ie, everyday player) prospect for one season of an historically up & down one inning per outing relief pitcher?  I'd like another of those trades, please.

4 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

He was happy before Avila was fired too!

I was. I thought he was doing a good job.

2022 was a hard slap in the face though... so I had to re-evaluate and... right around the trade deadline, and shortly thereafter... I came to the conclusion in my usual understated manner that he was just not quite good enough. Underperforming in multiple areas that I was reluctant to admit to previously.

I wouldn't call myself happy or unhappy at his firing... wrong adjectives... More like "in complete agreement and understanding". Time to upgrade. I don't know if Harris will make it or not... But I think he's the upgrade that we needed.

3 hours ago, chasfh said:

How can this be? I have been repeatedly assured here that nobody on this forum liked Al Avila.

How could you miss the one guy standing out like a sore thumb?

I think I had an epic rant early in the 2021 season when the team was sinking towards an apparent abyss... that Avila had a better trove of up and coming prospects than he was being given credit for and the team would soon be on its way towards winning ways again...

😁

Too bad we can't pull up any history from the old forum... what a loss of for us all.

(as an aside, you had a post on this forum bringing up a couple other areas where Avila was a failure that I hadn't even considered... I believe something along the lines of turning over every stone and looking through the waiver wire etc... Yeah, he was too lazy as an additional failure point is included there... and in my decision to just move on when he was fired...)

48 minutes ago, casimir said:

Hittin' & Hurlin' Harold is still wading through his offers.

A very poor man’s Ohtani.  

Harold actually makes sense on this team.  LH bat, who can fill in at 1B, 2B and 3B and pinch-hit. Just don’t give him more than 200 AB’s.

Edited by Tenacious D

16 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

It wouldn't even bother me if we were the team that signed Willi, Harold, and Reyes to minor league deals in 2023.

The problem is...

That would have been also true in 2022, 2021, 2020, etc... the minor league deals for those 3 that is...

It would bother me.  The Tigers need to get away from that player profile- no walks and no plus skills.  Try something else.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

A very poor man’s Ohtani.  

Harold actually makes sense on this team.  LH bat, who can fill in at 1B, 2B and 3B and pinch-hit. Just don’t give him more than 200 AB’s.

Doesn't take walks and doesn't field well at any position.

It was the right decision to walk away... I'd rather see Kreidler or even Andre Lipcius over another year of Harold.