Week Eighteen: Detroit Lions (8-8) @ Green Bay Packers (8-8)

5 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Yeah... I actually REALLY LIKED sagnam's post because it was a nice summary of the many, many crappy officiating instances where they try to F over a team. In fact, I think I am going to have to go back to his post and show him some love to show that there's no hard feelings at all... Peace and love dudes!!!

Sorry, I’m pissed and salty.  Ignore me for a bit.

I see what you mean now with the quote order.

Edited by sagnam

Last bit of complaining.  The NFL offices routinely call down and have penalties changed on the field and they chose not to on each of these.  That’s all you need to know.

If the Rams had just gotten beat I’d watch this game tonight and hope the Lions win.  I could put this one on us for losing winnable games and having our hopes rest on Baker Mayfield’s shoulders.  But the way that played out was so unbelievable that it’s impossible for me to care at all.  If the Lion’s picks are improved in any way by losing then I WANT them to lose. Otherwise I do not care and will be fine with GB in and Seattle out.

Edited by sagnam

45 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

I'm really not super upset that the Lions won't make the playoffs.  In some ways I hope that makes them hungrier for next year, plus I kind doubt they'd make a deep play off run this year.

But I do want 'em to knock out GB.  I'm really gonna hate to see GB celebrating if they win.

They would have had to go to San Francisco? Next season...

53 minutes ago, buddha said:

youre right, the lions should try to lose every game every year so they can get the best draft pick possible.

When you're 1-6 why not? The season is lost. We won some games and it means absouletly nothing now. All it did is move us down the draft board. 

Maybe you can lead the raising for the "we were in it until our week 18 game" banner.