Week Eighteen: Detroit Lions (8-8) @ Green Bay Packers (8-8)

Just now, KL2 said:

Ok so stil not top 5

If you can't find immediate help at #6 and #17 in the draft, then you shouldn't be an NFL GM.    

I was hoping for 7-10 this year, so this year was great progress.   I kind of figured the playoff chase was over when they lost in Carolina.      The first Vikings game was such a killer. 

• Thanks 1

I'm really not super upset that the Lions won't make the playoffs.  In some ways I hope that makes them hungrier for next year, plus I kind doubt they'd make a deep play off run this year.

But I do want 'em to knock out GB.  I'm really gonna hate to see GB celebrating if they win.

Just now, KL2 said:

Well that's the Rams pick no? 

Our pick is what 17. So nowhere near the top. The only thing directly controlled by winning those games in the middle.

youre right, the lions should try to lose every game every year so they can get the best draft pick possible.

1 minute ago, sagnam said:

Officials made tonight’s game unwatchable.  That roughing the kicker, missed intentional grounding, fake unnecessary roughness, missed 2x taunting personal fouls all in like 5 minutes.  That’s almost unbelievable.  Almost.

All true, but if Mayfield doesn't float that pass that Diggs picked off, the Rams win

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KL2 said:

Well that's the Rams pick no? 

Our pick is what 17. So nowhere near the top. The only thing directly controlled by winning those games in the middle.

And there is no evidence that winning one year helps in teh next. We'll have to see in four years whether it was worth it. My fear is that winning a few games here in the middle is going to have a massive impact in 2028.

C’mon, it wasn’t a “few games”. 7 wins after 1-6 start and being in playoff contention until early evening of the last day of the season is worth a few draft spots, to me as a viewing fan. 

Fuck Seattle.  I prefer GB in the playoffs.

Yeah, I now have mixed feelings so that I don’t care what the outcome is.  I want to see the Lions win, but OK to see the Seahawks get knocked out, too.  They certainly don’t deserve to be in the playoffs, so #%!# ‘em

6 minutes ago, sagnam said:

Officials made tonight’s game unwatchable.  That roughing the kicker, missed intentional grounding, fake unnecessary roughness, missed 2x taunting personal fouls all in like 5 minutes.  That’s almost unbelievable.  Almost.

1 minute ago, Aar000n said:

Also not calling intentional grounding 

'Twas mentioned already...

I got enjoyment out of the Lions play the past 6 weeks or so, does it guarantee anything in the future? No, but ultimately the whole point of watching sports is to get enjoyment out of it and seeing the LIons play well, seeing/hearing the buzz that it generated around the city and having even that glimmer of hope for the playoffs gave me enjoyment.

Would having a better pick be worth more in the long run? Possibly but it's not like you can't win with a worse pick so I'll take that along with the enjoyment I got over being miserable for the entire season but ending up with a better draft pick. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

'Twas mentioned already...

What?  Did you think this was some sort of breaking news post?  It was a comment about a list of things that were not called that I was not the only person in the world to see.

Eh, I was disappointed for a bit after the result but this has been a great season, they have a chance to ruin the Packers season and it's a big offseason with lots of resources to significantly improve the roster. This is the most hopeful I've been for the franchise's future since..... well....ever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What?  Did you think this was some sort of breaking news post?  It was a comment about a list of things that were not called that I was not the only person in the world to see.

Dude...

Aaron mentioned the missed grounding and I said it was already mentioned... quoting YOUR post... so I'm saying that YOU already mentioned it.

So... what was your issue?

1 minute ago, Tenacious D said:

The Seahawks are tearing us apart—fight the real enemy.

Yeah... I actually REALLY LIKED sagnam's post because it was a nice summary of the many, many crappy officiating instances where they try to F over a team. In fact, I think I am going to have to go back to his post and show him some love to show that there's no hard feelings at all... Peace and love dudes!!!

The saying "Its the hope that gets you" has rung true today. Earlier today most expected the Seahawks to win and the game tonight to just be for pride and despite that I think most of us was still excited for it, but now after the Rams gave us hope that it could actually be for the playoffs before taking that hope away suddenly I'm just not as excited for the game as I was before. Funny how that works.