Week Eighteen: Detroit Lions (8-8) @ Green Bay Packers (8-8)

2 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

WTF??? How can Douglas touch the ball like that?

Edit, ok, that was a penalty. Good.

That was weird.  It’s like when a spectator just jumps onto the stage and grabs the mic out of the hands of the singer or speaker. 

Edited by lordstanley

Just now, lordstanley said:

That was weird.  It’s like when a spectator just jumps onto the stage and grabs the mic out of the hands of the singer or speaker. 

I'm still not certain if the flag thrown was for Douglas just walking up and knocking the ball away from the center. I don't see how the line can be set, ready to call a play, and then an opposing player can just walk up at the line of scrimmage and touch the ball like that. That action itself has to be a penalty. Only the official can set the ball and then the center can touch it pre snap once it's set.

5 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I'm still not certain if the flag thrown was for Douglas just walking up and knocking the ball away from the center. I don't see how the line can be set, ready to call a play, and then an opposing player can just walk up at the line of scrimmage and touch the ball like that. That action itself has to be a penalty. Only the official can set the ball and then the center can touch it pre snap once it's set.

It looks like they weren't even going to do anything about that, it wasn't until Douglas was caught retaliating a Skipper push when they threw the flag.