04/01/2023 4:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Tampa Bay Rays

casimir

3 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

I despise him at this point.  It's only a matter of time that he starts in on fans and media for "not being positive!!"...he's an insufferable, gaslighting, jackass.

I think Bally is serving us up the worst TV booth of my lifetime, which stretches back to when Ernie and Kell were working together. They tell me that before that Van Patrick was just as good, which I believe even though I never heard him do baseball  as Van the best I ever heard doing football  - which I did hear him do for the Lions for a long time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I think Bally is serving us up the worst TV booth of my lifetime, which stretches back to when Ernie and Kell were working together. They tell me that before that Van Patrick was just as good, which I believe even though I never heard him do baseball  as Van the best I ever heard doing football  - which I did hear him do for the Lions for a long time.

I would want to hear more of Cameron Maybin and Jonesy before making that call, but seeing Shep rub up Monroe's head during Game 2 is embarrassing 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I'm really disappointed in Monroe. I thought when they gave him his shot he might be decent - but it's like he's locked into a platitude phrase book - constant repetition of mostly poorly applied stock banalities. I can't listen to him. Scales on the other hand may have a ways to go but he's pretty natural and occasionally says something clever. There's potential for improvement.

Monroe been showing us what he is for years. Not sure why we'd expect something different.

I like Bobby Scales so far.

7 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Monroe been showing us what he is for years. Not sure why we'd expect something different.

I like Bobby Scales so far.

Another weird thing. A couple of times during the pre-season, I brought up gameday audio opposite  my Bally feed and the time adjustments were there on the gameday page. Today they were gone and the audio was quite a way behind the video. So I  set the video to record and that let me watch the video from the recording 30 sec or so behind needed to match the audio, which I couldn't adjust. I'm iritated they are making this difficult for me. If it comes down to listening to Shepherd and Monroe in order to watch a game, I simply won't watch.

Edited by gehringer_2

29 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

I despise him at this point.  It's only a matter of time that he starts in on fans and media for "not being positive!!"...he's an insufferable, gaslighting, jackass.

It's not just Monroe's homerism which, yes, is bad. But even worse to me is his whole I'm-still-in-the-game schtick: referring to The Guys by their cutesy-poo clubhouse nicknames; acting as a cheerleader and an apologist for The Guys; leaning hard on jock-talk crutches; and, of course, his general lack of actual insight for which he's apparently relying on his memory of what it was like when he was a player on the inside, rather than studying up on the game as an informed outsider.

In other words, he comes off like a YouTube or TikTok amateur, not as a broadcast professional.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

forced me to learn to connect my phone to my reciever so i can listen to Dan now