04/01/2023 4:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Tampa Bay Rays

casimir

Just now, kdog said:

Winning obviously is irrelevant this year. I just need to see a flicker of hope from a young player lol. My expectations are very low.

Basically where I have been... even for the rest of the game, want to see some positive signs, particularly offensively

Just now, kdog said:

Winning obviously is irrelevant this year. I just need to see a flicker of hope from a young player lol. My expectations are very low.

I just want to see that this team isnt 110% ass again...at least be entertaining, and hell, maybe competent at times.  But, looks like zombie ball again, where season's over by end of April...

Just now, kdog said:

Turnbull deserves some leniency here; First start after TJ surgery.

He set a high bar during ST, but the real deal is a bit more amped up.

I still think his mates didn't help him any... his second inning should have been stress free, defense made sure it wouldn't be.

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

He set a high bar during ST, but the real deal is a bit more amped up.

I still think his mates didn't help him any... his second inning should have been stress free, defense made sure it wouldn't be.

Same as last year...defense is ass, offense is more ass, the pitchers dont have a chance, even if/when they pitch well.  Hopefully we'll have a prfessional baseball team by 2026.

Edited for: and the bullpen will be even extra, EXTRA ASS, this season.

Edited by Dtrain72

I found it amusing listening to sports radio thursday and a commercial for online betting came on for the days mlb games, and the guy said the best bet was to take the under on the tigers/rays game because the tigers offense is ass and probably wont even score...he then proceeded to say at the end that picking the under in tigers games will be a go to winning bet for the season...

F8JLF1RH74303KK.jpg

Edited by Dtrain72

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

The difference in hitters that actually know how to hit. Franco looked for a slider, took his time and just served it up the middle instead of swinging out of his shoes and missing.

Maybe Hinch is paying attention and will relay this to his guys...

2 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Well when we’re cheering our hitters taking more pitches and high exit velocity turns to cheering walk homers and runs then we might have something. 

This is kinda where I'm at. Sure, the pitching sucked today. The two guys who haven't pitched in a ML game in forever had issues. 

But FFS, show a little a life offensively. I almost have a bigger issue with that at this point. Score some runs.

Edited by mtutiger