04/11/2023 7:07pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Toronto Blue Jays

casimir

Without looking it up I am trying to think of some '77 Blue Jays.  I live within their media blitz zone so I should be able to get a few.  Doug Ault, Alvis Woods,...Ron Fairly?  Bob Bailor was taken in the expansion draft but they might have traded him.  Rick Bosetti, Roy Howell, Otto Velez were there in the early years, maybe not the first year.  Barry Bonnell?

54 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

That ticket is a thing of beauty! I was too young to experience the rivalry with the Jays in the 80s so I'm sure the Tigers fans that did experience probably hated seeing that logo and jerseys but I personally love them. 

It was a rivalry, but I don't think Tigers fans hated the Blue Jays like the White Sox or Twins.  I personally liked the Blue Jays.  I usually don't lke expansion teams and like to see them suffer for a few years before they win anything, but the Blue Jays never bothered me.   The team I disliked the most growing up was the Orioles.  

18 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

It was a rivalry, but I don't think Tigers fans hated the Blue Jays like the White Sox or Twins.  I personally liked the Blue Jays.  I usually don't lke expansion teams and like to see them suffer for a few years before they win anything, but the Blue Jays never bothered me.   The team I disliked the most growing up was the Orioles.  

me too because the owned us it seemed after 1968.

Man, I spent ten accidental seconds on MLB.tv listening to Craig Monroe growling about the opposing pitcher "walk[ing] the walk" and "talk[ing] the talk", and man, I couldn't reach for the switchover to the radio overlay fast enough.

You people who live in the Tigers territory—I feel sorry for you.

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Man, I spent ten accidental seconds on MLB.tv listening to Craig Monroe growling about the opposing pitcher "walk[ing] the walk" and "talk[ing] the talk", and man, I couldn't reach for the switchover to the radio overlay fast enough.

You people who live in the Tigers territory—I feel sorry for you.

Him and Shep went on about how the Tigers put on a show in batting practice. I really don’t know what’s worse - the product on the field or in the booth. Awful.