04/18/2023 1:10 pm EDT Cleveland Guardians vs Detroit Tigers (Doubleheader)

casimir

6 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

When was the last time the Tigers had 3 straight walkoff wins? I can’t even remember the last time they won 3 games in a row, period. 

I saw a graphic on the video that said there have been seven three-game walkoff streaks in Tigers history, the last one I think I remember seeing it say 2004.

And now we have the eighth!

Nice to see my boy Carpenter hit a walk off home run!

On 4/17/2023 at 9:42 AM, RedRamage said:

Hmm... to take a serious stab at this. If we say that a corporate name is strictly forbidden:

Previous fields that were not corporate named for the Tigers have been named after owners (Bennet Park, Navin Field, Briggs Stadium) so there's a chance it might become Ilitch Field or something like that. I think fans wouldn't be terribly thrilled with Chris Ilitch doing that. Maybe if he said it was named after Mike Ilitch rather than himself he could get away with it.

Beyond that I'm not sure what other options work. Maybe Motown Field or Automotive Park to try to tie into Detroit. I could do Motown Field but Automotive Park sounds awful and would probably be nicknamed "Car Park" in no time. Maybe Motor City Stadium?

You could try something like Tiger Den, but that feels more like a nickname vs. a formal name (and tigers don't actually live in dens). Same with something like Jungle Stadium or Stripes Park. Those just feel too cutesy.

I think Tiger Stadium is the logical choice, but if we were to also exclude that as an option I'd probably go with Motown Field or Motor City Stadium myself.

5 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

It's pretty gloomy out, are we sure they can play today? 

I'll take the win no matter the run differential!