04/18/2023 1:10 pm EDT Cleveland Guardians vs Detroit Tigers (Doubleheader)

casimir

19 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Something about this wording just makes me laugh, it's like "ok we needed your body for a few hours now return from whence you came!" as they ship him off in his uber. 

At least he can say he was one of the 300 in attendance for the sweep 😄 

6 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Tomorrow will feature our first bench-clearing incident of the season. 

Intriguing thought.  Whom do we have that we could feature in a brawl, remembering that we once had Willie Horton who was very frightening when he lost his temper.  Even better, for a year we also had Alex Johnson.  According to Horton, when they were both in high school, everybody was afraid of Johnson.

So...those are big shoes to fill.  Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Jim Cowan said:

Intriguing thought.  Whom do we have that we could feature in a brawl, remembering that we once had Willie Horton who was very frightening when he lost his temper.  Even better, for a year we also had Alex Johnson.  According to Horton, when they were both in high school, everybody was afraid of Johnson.

So...those are big shoes to fill.  Any suggestions?

They don't have a very tough looking roster.  They mostly look like pampered boys that played for travel teams and then got scholarships to top baseball universities.  However, Foley has a pretty good name for a brawler.  He's not strong and scary like Willie Horton but he'll be the first one in there throwing punches.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

They don't have a very tough looking roster.  They mostly look like pampered boys that played for travel teams and then got scholarships to top baseball universities.  However, Foley has a pretty good name for a brawler.  He's not strong and scary like Willie Horton but he'll be the first one in there throwing punches.  

Foley is a good choice and Maton might be a poor man's Tony Phillips.  But the travel teams analogy is spot on for most of them.

17 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I cant watch it online either    I can't get past WHO IS YOUR CABLE PROVIDER.    They suck so ****ing much. 

I'm in the blackout zone (being within 75 miles of Cleveland in NW PA), so the point is moot for me. And thanks to #(%A&#* Yahoo! Sports for their total lack of stats other than play-by-play for the entire 2nd game!