2023 NFL Draft As-It-Happens

6 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Why?   They Lions didn't need to fill a big hole this year like normal.  They were going for depth in this draft.  3 second rounders helps with that.    Maybe they still believe in Levi at DT.  Maybe he really is healthy and ready to go.     Nolan Smith is still out there, right?   

The problem is roster crunch. Are they gonna dedicate a quarter of their entire roster space to rookies?

Or do you really want to run with a ton of rookies in your two deeps?

1 minute ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I'd love to trade back into the first for Nolan Smith and then move up in the early second and get Joey Porter. If you told me they would come out of the draft, before tonight started, with Gibbs/Campbell/Smith/Porter Jr. I'd be stocked in the end.

stocked?    did you mean shocked?  or stoked ?  

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

St Brown was also a 4th round pick and Tom Brady a 6th round pick. Knowing what we know now, they would all be drafted higher than they were. 

Right, but the point with RB specifically, like the TE position, is top backs can be taken all over the draft. Again, I don't hate the player at all. I like Gibbs and wanted him at a later point in the draft. I just didn't want him over Tyree Wilson, Nolan Smith, Myles Murphy, Calijah Kancey, Christian Gonzalez or a defensive player on a team that had a league-worst defense last year.

Again though, if he ends up being Alvin Kamara then great and it will all have been worth it for us. Clearly, they only had a certain amount of guys with first round grades and Gibbs was one of them.

4 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Right, but the point with RB specifically, like the TE position, is top backs can be taken all over the draft. Again, I don't hate the player at all. I like Gibbs and wanted him at a later point in the draft. I just didn't want him over Tyree Wilson, Nolan Smith, Myles Murphy, Calijah Kancey, Christian Gonzalez or a defensive player on a team that had a league-worst defense last year.

Again though, if he ends up being Alvin Kamara then great and it will all have been worth it for us. Clearly, they only had a certain amount of guys with first round grades and Gibbs was one of them.

Stop with worrying about the final stats from our D last season. In the last 10 games or so, we were actually very good. And we added 3 players for our secondary. We'll be fine with 3 second round picks. I think we may trade a couple of them for a pick or two next year. Don't forget, the draft next season is in Detroit. Making a splash next year would be amazing.