Investing

Motown Bombers

This is a hostile takeover.  

Elon Musk becomes Twitter’s largest shareholder

He now has over 4x the amount of shares as the second largest, which is the original creator.  With that large of a voting block he can easily win a seat on the board.  With the Tesla/Musk fanboys who are now buying, he can probably vote in the entire board and more importantly, name the next/new CEO.

Minutes from the recent Fed meeting due to be published at 2 p.m. today. The 10 year benchmark is above 2.6% this morning. I would not be surprised at all to see the Fed raise 50 basis points next. I give it a 55-45 chance of happening. 

Thoughts?

10 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Minutes from the recent Fed meeting due to be published at 2 p.m. today. The 10 year benchmark is above 2.6% this morning. I would not be surprised at all to see the Fed raise 50 basis points next. I give it a 55-45 chance of happening. 

Thoughts?

IDK, they've been late to move at every point so far. Just because unemployment is below equilibrium and prices are rising, we can't be too hasty, someone at JP Morgan may think unflattering thoughts about us.

Edited by gehringer_2

More than you ever thought you wanted to know about Crypto and NFT.

If you want to hear more about crypto than you ever thought you wanted to - WARNING 2hr worth!:

Dan Olson.  -- 

- this critique has gone viral since it was posted. Ezra Klein also had him on his last NYT podcast.

Edited by gehringer_2

45 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Purchase $3B worth of stock in a company.  Then use that same companies platform to trash it.

It's interesting that he would do that, but his criticism is odd.  I don't think the top accounts have ever provided much content, so it's not a sign of Twitter "dying".  Perhaps, it could be something more if they did provide more content, but it's not a new thing.

I don't follow any of those people, so it wouldn't affect me.   Twitter is what the user decides it will be.     

On 4/15/2022 at 1:13 PM, CMRivdogs said:

Just curious about what happened with his Chicago Tunnel project. It's not on the Boring Company website of projects. It came to mind since we just observed the 30th anniversary of the Great Chicago Flood 

The ‘vacuum tube’ idea was a really dumb concept. It’s one of those things that doesn’t scale. 

31 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I am not surprised that Netflix was the first FAANG to fail.  Netflix never seemed sustainable at that level.  

a lot of the media stuff is not sustainable. Each one's valuation had gotten inflated based potential to capture a total market that remains chopped up in a zillion little pieces. But that's just another symptom of the general over inflation of equity values created by 20 yrs of people fleeing bonds. As interest rates rise it's going to get very painful at the stock exchanges.