05/26/2023 6:40 pm EDT Chicago White Sox vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

10 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

How do we watch it if we don't have apple tv?

PITA. 

The 1st Apple TV games were outright freebies. That season you can watch it for free - IF you sign up, which means you then have to remember to cancel or you start getting billed. Screw that.  I can listen to Dan today - plus gameday gives you close to the same pitch view as watching live.

10 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

PITA. 

The 1st Apple TV games were outright freebies. That season you can watch it for free - IF you  sign up, which means you then have to remember to cancel or you start getting billed. Screw that.  I can listen to Dan today - plus gameday gives you close to the same pitch view as watching live.

I tried to sign up so I could watch it. Won't accept my CC. Told me to call Apple Support. Hung up after 20 minutes. Now....where did I put that radio....lol

6 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

MLB at bat is like 2.99 a month and you can listen to every game.

Is the game audio also streaming at 97.1's web site? In the past games were always blacked out there but I thought I hit their site at least once this season during a game and they were carrying it. Promo? or has something changed?

Edited by gehringer_2

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Is the game audio also streaming at 97.1's web site? In the past games were always blacked out there but I thought I hit their site at least once this season during a game and they were carrying it. Promo? or has something changed?

Might be, I am in Indiana so I can use it. I get ballysports to through directv stream usually no problem. Yet I am forced to watch the Chicago feed, but that is the only team we play that makes me do that.

16 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

there is some app that Dan mentions during the broadcasts where the audio is free. Audacy maybe?  I am skeptical and MLB at bat is worth the cost as you can listen to any feed for any team

I guess maybe on a phone you may want the app but it will connect through a browser without additional SW.

Edited by gehringer_2

I've been lamenting not being able to listen to the Tigers on the radio anymore up here in the U.P.

Thanks to my friends on this site I was able to get "97.1 The Ticket" downloaded on my phone so I can listen to the Tigers.

This old man, who is out of touch with modern technology, would like to thank my Detroit Tigers friends who have helped me to take this giant leap!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Dave Christian said:

I've been lamenting not being able to listen to the Tigers on the radio anymore up here in the U.P.

Thanks to my friends on this site I was able to get "97.1 The Ticket" downloaded on my phone so I can listen to the Tigers.

This old man, who is out of touch with modern technology, would like to thank my Detroit Tigers friends who have helped me to take this giant leap!

I cannot add any more reactions today, but I 💙 this post.

I signed up last month for the game and of course forgot to cancel my free trial so I'm billed for this month, I figure I atleast try to get some use out of it by watching some stuff on there but I hate their interface. Maybe it's because I'm running off chrome laptop and not a mobile app but all I can find on there are like 20 different shows and movies and that's it. Like I search for "action movies" and I get a list of like 5. Same for whatever other genre I look for. It sucks! I guess I'll atleast get to use it to watch the game tonight though. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

2 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Skubal’s BP session

Good to hear that there wasn't any set back but I heard last week that Ibanez was the guy in the batter's box during his simulated outing so if that's one of the guys he was pitching to today I'd take the no hard contact thing with a grain of salt cause at this point I think I could pitch to him and not give up any hard contact. 

46 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Good to hear that there wasn't any set back but I heard last week that Ibanez was the guy in the batter's box during his simulated outing so if that's one of the guys he was pitching to today I'd take the no hard contact thing with a grain of salt cause at this point I think I could pitch to him and not give up any hard contact. 

Lol, it was Ibanez (x2), Schoop and Maton. What’s the opposite of Murderers’ Row? 

4 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

MLB at bat is like 2.99 a month and you can listen to every game.

Yeah, I only listen when I can't watch. 1000 cable channels, Hulu and Netflix but AppleTV+ won't let me sign up. It said to call Apple support. Of course, they didn't supply a phone #. Had to look it up. After 20 minutes on hold, I gave up. (And cussed out Apple)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I signed up last month for the game and of course forgot to cancel my free trial so I'm billed for this month, I figure I atleast try to get some use out of it by watching some stuff on there but I hate their interface. Maybe it's because I'm running off chrome laptop and not a mobile app but all I can find on there are like 20 different shows and movies and that's it. Like I search for "action movies" and I get a list of like 5. Same for whatever other genre I look for. It sucks! I guess I'll atleast get to use it to watch the game tonight though. 

When I tried to sign up, it said 3 month free trial. Filled out all the info but no luck, it just booted me. Told me to call support. 

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

When I tried to sign up, it said 3 month free trial. Filled out all the info but no luck, it just booted me. Told me to call support. 

LOL - I have that problem with Panera - no matter what I do I'm apparently unworthy of being being a Panera regular - so I must continue to place any lunch time web orders as a mere 'guest.'

• Haha 1