05/26/2023 6:40 pm EDT Chicago White Sox vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

Bases loaded no outs, cant score, classic modern Tigers...time to go suck on a 9 volt to cleanse my palette...my gawd man, this team and the big LOB prob.

Ooop, luckily Sox are ass...ffs, still man, this team man...

Edited by Dtrain72

Still, bases loaded, no outs, and lucky to get a run...more like pants loaded with poop.  It wouldnt be nearly as irritaring if this wasnt a consistent problem..this team leaves soooooo many runners on base, they have to be at the top of the league, if not leading in LOB

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

We've seen Alexander as a starter enough to know it won't end well. They are just up against it for another couple of weeks. 

He has gone through some periods of a few weeks at a time when he has been decent, certainly better than what Wentz is doing now.  

7 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

He has gone through some periods of a few weeks at a time when he has been decent, certainly better than what Wentz is doing now.  

With Faedo already here, no-one left at Toledo pitching well, guys at Erie who might give a spot start to aren't on the 40. Stretch out Holton? 

Edited by gehringer_2

15 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

He has gone some periods of a few weeks at a time when he has been decent, certainly better than what Wentz is doing now.  

Well, hitters seem to have figured Wentz out. Dirks says he needs more delta Velo. Can he come up with that before his next scheduled start?

I think it's fair to give a guy 10 starts before dropping him down to the minors or to the pen.  Wentz had his 10th tonight and his ERA is now 7.80.   No longer a small sample size.  It's a case where you are sacrificing a game every time it's his turn.   I think they need to at least try someone else.   No, Tyler is not stretched out enough to probably go more than 3 innings (maybe 4 if they are easy) and he hasn't been great either, but they need to try something.   Joey worked something out at Toledo last year, maybe he can do it again this year, or maybe last year was the unicorn season.     Maybe try a bullpen day (with Wentz in the mix later in the game).