06/07/2023 6:05pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Philadelphia Phillies

casimir

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

I didn't think that you liked that.    Not for a second.    They also grew up in a city with pretty dirty air (in their youth) and I am sure that didn't help.  

Michigan's air and water also recycle pretty quickly compared to some places.  I'd certainly take the air and water over LA. 

Saw a few different tweets from guys saying that it's not nearly as bad as yesterday and they can actually see the Philly skyline from the press box which is something they couldn't see before so unless it changes for the worse I think they'll be playing tonight. 

20 minutes ago, oblong said:

because I'm an "old man" and do these things, like track flights, planets, the space station.... I also downloaded the EPA's air quality app.

In philly it's currently 173.

It's 117 in Detroit.

I don't know if A^2 was just in a clear patch but they said yesterday that Detroit air was supposedly very bad but vis here was fine  - infact we drove out to Pickney area and the sky was fairly blue everywhere. Now today it's definitely a lot worse - almost no blue to the sky.

Edited by gehringer_2

13 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Maybe The United States could help put the Canadian fires out? Did we even offer?

Yes there are firefighters from Australia, South Africa and the United States.  It's a common occurrence every year for firefighters to travel to the hottest spot.  Last year it was California,  there were lots of internationals there.

Edited by Jim Cowan

52 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Yes there are firefighters from Australia, South Africa and the United States.  It's a common occurrence every year for firefighters to travel to the hottest spot.  Last year it was California,  there were lots of internationals there.

America!  **** yeah!

19 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Javy gonna Javy. Did Scott Coolbaugh infiltrate his way into the clubhouse?

I'm convinved that AJ wants Javy to break the MLB record of an every day player finishing an entire season as the worst #2 hitter of all time...that's the only explanation for him batting there every game.

Edited by Dtrain72