06/25/2023 12:10 pm EDT Minnesota Twins vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

Wow.  Juan seems so old, but then again, next year will be the 40th anniversary.      I HATE AGING !    I MOURN MY YOUTH!

Did they move up the time because of the weather?    

Are you afraid of storms?

As a kid I was horribly afraid of storms and then my dad bought me a big book about thunderstorms and told me to read all about them so I wouldn't be so scared.  He was right.  I am fascinated by them now.   I even went storm chasing twice (riding in the back seat as a couple of experienced and respected chasers did their thing).   We got hit with a little bit of hail, but could never catch up to the storm as it swept through northern Indiana and Ohio.    We were always about 10 miles behind it.  If there was a diagonal freeway that went to the South East we could have caught it.  The other time it looked super creepy but nothing much happened except heavy rain and wind.  That was September 11, 2019 when a tornado touched down near Grand Rapids.   We were expecting stuff in the Lansing area but it was over and done by then. 

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Wow.  Juan seems so old, but then again, next year will be the 40th anniversary.      I HATE AGING !    I MOURN MY YOUTH!

Did they move up the time because of the weather?    

Are you afraid of storms?

As a kid I was horribly afraid of storms and then my dad bought me a big book about thunderstorms and told me to read all about them so I wouldn't be so scared.  He was right.  I am fascinated by them now.   I even went storm chasing twice (riding in the back seat as a couple of experienced and respected chasers did their thing).   We got hit with a little bit of hail, but could never catch up to the storm as it swept through northern Indiana and Ohio.    We were always about 10 miles behind it.  If there was a diagonal freeway that went to the South East we could have caught it.  The other time it looked super creepy but nothing much happened except heavy rain and wind.  That was September 11, 2019 when a tornado touched down near Grand Rapids.   We were expecting stuff in the Lansing area but it was over and done by then. 

They keep adding tornado & water spout confirmations to the system that SE Michigan and NW Ohio a week and a half ago.  I could see the clouds from the system about 10 miles away, but we didn’t even get a drop of rain.  A coworker had the same deal about an hour to the east of me.  So weird.

2 hours ago, casimir said:

They keep adding tornado & water spout confirmations to the system that SE Michigan and NW Ohio a week and a half ago.  I could see the clouds from the system about 10 miles away, but we didn’t even get a drop of rain.  A coworker had the same deal about an hour to the east of me.  So weird.

I swear we have a force field around metro Detroit.  We'll see storms in Hillsdale, Jackson, Calhoun, Lenawee, Washtenaw, but as soon as they approach Wayne, Oakland and Macomb they will fizzle out.          Been like that the last 3 or 4 years.