06/25/2023 12:10 pm EDT Minnesota Twins vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

17 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

yeah - that too.

sadly the candidate at Toledo currently,  Lipcius, doesn't look like he can handle 3B either.

Fun fact time:

As of this morning, Nick Maton is 22nd among 22 qualified third baseman in offensive runs and 21st in defensive runs, and 22nd in WAR by a country mile.

Jeimer Candelario is 7th in offense, 2nd in defense, 3rd in WAR.

And the icing on the cake: Isaac Paredes is 1st in offense,19th in defense, 4th in WAR.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=3b&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2023&month=0&season1=2023&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&startdate=2023-01-01&enddate=2023-12-31&sort=22,d

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

Fun fact time:

As of this morning, Nick Maton is 22nd among 22 qualified third baseman in offensive runs and 21st in defensive runs, and 22nd in WAR by a country mile.

And the icing on the cake: Isaac Paredes is 1st in offense,19th in defense, 4th in WAR.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=3b&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2023&month=0&season1=2023&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&startdate=2023-01-01&enddate=2023-12-31&sort=22,d

That is punishing.

• Like 1

Guys, guys, guys...we dont see what the AJ, Harris, and the everybody within the org see's with Maton everyday.  His progress between games (when we dont see him), is really impressive.  See guys, none of you get paid the big bucks, and just see the bad part of Maton's game, live during games...if you guys actually got paid to make these decisions, you'd also keep Maton up, none of you poor couch schlubs who dont know **** about baseball get it...

• Haha 1

This is the most pissed off I have been this season at the Tigers.      I don't know.  Half a season and he's barely cracking .160 as an everyday player.  I think that's an adequate sample size. 

Nickname for Nick

The Human Windmill  (at the plate and in the field.   

Again, would Nevin do better?   I don't know, I just don't think, given a spot every other day, that he could be worse.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

Fun fact time:

Why do players play better out of Detroit than in Detroit ? Maton was ok for Philly last year. Why ?? Is it too much "versatility" and playing out of position verses being able to settle into one position and focus.

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Fun fact time:

That is truely puke worthy!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BBFCFM said:

I've been wondering - is anyone asking Hinch and Harris tough Maton questions? I'd really like to know. 

Yes, they were asked last week when he was also playing like ass...both Hinch and Harris said that they "like the way he was progessing" and that "there's no consideration of sending him down"...I sit here and laugh in Al Avila voice.

4 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

This is the most pissed off I have been this season at the Tigers.      I don't know.  Half a season and he's barely cracking .160 as an everyday player.  I think that's an adequate sample size. 

Nickname for Nick

The Human Windmill  (at the plate and in the field.   

Again, would Nevin do better?   I don't know, I just don't think, given a spot every other day, that he could be worse.  

Nevin isn’t the answer. He tempts you with his performance at AAA, but it doesn’t translate to the bigs.

Please bring up Lipcius or Camargo.

Edited by Tenacious D