07/20/2023 2:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Kansas City Royals

casimir

6 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Harris has a chance to impress all of us with the return when he trades ERod and Lorenzen.

I would be super impressed when he extends them and then turns around and trades for a closer and a bat*. 

[a human who bats, not a chunk of ash wood in cylindrical form]

Edited by romad1
  • Like 2

So Grienke calls his own game with Pitchcom. I think we are slowly going to see that be the future. If you think about it, the reason the signal system had to be catcher-> pitcher originally was only because that was the only way to do it without the  batter seeing the signal. With that constraint removed, there is isn't any reason for pitchers not to call their own games and it's bound to evolve back that way. Right now catcher->pitcher is deep tradition, but is now a tradition without any underlying support.

20 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I would be super impressed when he extends them and then turns around and trades for a closer and a bat*. 

[a human who bats, not a chunk of ash wood in cylindrical form]

This pitching staff is so brittle, I'd just as soon they made Lorenzen an offer to stay, but in his comments in the Freep the other day there was no indication at all they were talking. 

26 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Think scouts discount ERod and Lorenzen’s strong performance against the Royals when evaluating them for a potential trade?  Of course they have a track record, but I suspect scouts are paying closer attention right now.

I think we need to be cognizant of scouts perusing these pages to gain info on the trade bait.  I'd suggest we refer to these fellows as World Series Champion Rodriguez and All  Star Lorenzen in an attempt to drive up the prices.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dan Dickerson keeps talking about things like putting together a little win streak to “change the narrative” at the trade deadline. He cannot possibly be talking about trading prospects for middling big leaguers just to likely still fall short of winning the division, can he?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

Dan Dickerson keeps talking about things like putting together a little win streak to “change the narrative” at the trade deadline. He cannot possibly be talking about trading prospects for middling big leaguers just to likely still fall short of winning the division, can he?

you'd have to believe they can play 600 the rest of the way. Just hard to see. If you could add hitters without losing Lorenzen and ERod - maybe, but how could you do that without giving away the future? Can't do it.

• Like 1