07/21/2023 6:40 pm EDT San Diego Padres vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

8 games under .500 and 5 games out of first, with 66 games to go.

I understand that the roster might be weaker after the deadline, and I'm fine with that.  But I think the roster as of today, healthy, is better than a .450 team. So at least for the next few weeks I'm invested in game outcomes because I can see them both moving towards the .500 mark and chipping away at that divisional deficit.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Weather is perfect nearly year round in San Diego.

It is. Many there don’t even bother with HVAC.  Every day starts out overcast then around 9ish it starts to become blue sky. I will say my experience last week is it’s warmer than the temperature indicates. It was a hot 78.  We were in pacific beach and everything is 20 min away.  Hit up the USS Midway. Torrey Pines. La Jolla. Balboa Park. The Zoo. Gas lamp district. Coronado island. And a few beach days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, oblong said:

It is. Many there don’t even bother with HVAC.  Every day starts out overcast then around 9ish it starts to become blue sky. I will say my experience last week is it’s warmer than the temperature indicates. It was a hot 78.  We were in pacific beach and everything is 20 min away.  Hit up the USS Midway. Torrey Pines. La Jolla. Balboa Park. The Zoo. Gas lamp district. Coronado island. And a few beach days. 

It's hands-down the best city in California, IMO.... just no shortage of good weather and stuff to do!

20 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Happy 1950 non-Apple users. Fire up that RCA radio to warm up and enjoy the Tiger game like we did in the '50's. 

I happen to have Apple TV+ for a month because my wife wanted to catch up on Ted Lasso, so I’ll be watching.

Also watching a great seven-part documentary on Apple+ about how the year 1971 changed music forever. It is surprisingly excellent for its clips, pics, and interviews.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

No word yet on if he will be available in a pinch hitting role tonight. 

Small thing but why are they are parading him around Detroit when he could be down in Florida actually starting his career. I hate that the draft is so late now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Christian said:

There is a lot of technical problems in the Cubs/Cards broadcast making it difficult to watch the game.

Hope it's cleared up for the Tigers game.

Is one of those technical problems the prop bet probabilities they show on every pitch?

26 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Is one of those technical problems the prop bet probabilities they show on every pitch?

No, the sound and picture were fading and coming back every other second.

It was absolutely maddening!

Thankfully the Tigers broadcast isn't having any problems, to this point at least.

3 hours ago, oblong said:

Any places to stay that are NOT too expensive...?