07/22/2023 6:10 pm EDT San Diego Padres vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

24 minutes ago, chasfh said:

And indeed it was a short day for Michael Fulmer: 2.0 3 1 1 1 2.  Not a terrible line. 

Fulmer was replaced by Drew Smyly, and the cardinals have just brought in Drew VerHagen. It’s a Tiger Pitcher Party!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, AZTigersfan said:

Tigers are set to face Jackson Wolf, a lefty who’s being called up from double A and in making his major league debut. 

Queue up CMo mentioning him as a Cy Young contender by thr 5th inning...this Tigers offense has a penchant for ****ting the bed against a pitcher/situation like this; hope it's not one of those games...

4 straight balls for a lead off walk is not an ominous start whatsoever...

Edited for, 8 straight pitches to walk the first two batters is def not ominous...there's no way the first start in mlb ever opposing pitcher strtikes out the side to start when he toes the rubber...

Edited by Dtrain72

Just now, AZTigersfan said:

Absolutely dreadful approaches by the 1 –2–3 hitters. 

I'm tellin ya, seeing that approach to start the game makes me question Hinch what he actually does/says to these hitters in certain situations.  That was just awful.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

Seriously? A rookie pitcher and that's the Tigers approach? 4 pitches to get 3 outs in the 1st inning? Pathetic. Bench them all....

Or maybe coach em up going into the game...I mean that's what coaches get paid to do right?

• Like 1