07/26/2023 6:40 pm EDT Los Angeles Angels vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

6 minutes ago, oblong said:

They need to just postpone this now.

Play 2 tomorrow.

Besides Beyonce is at Ford Field and nobody wants to deal with all that traffic.

They'll start the game with Lorenzen on the mound, endure a 90 minute rain delay beginning in the top of the 2nd inning, and then the bullpen will be soaked up finishing the rest of the game.

15 minutes ago, oblong said:

Detroit travels to Miami and Anaheim travels to Toronto.  No reason they can't play 2 tomorrow.

Unless of course the players and org are ok with slogging through the crap today.  Who knows.

Or what about announcing early yesterday that today's game would be moved up to an afternoon game due to the severe weather threat in the evening?  We've seen that before.  I guess I can't completely criticize that nonmove because it just popped into my head.

One of the side benefits to losing to the Angels is the more they win the less likely they are to sell and if they don't sell that means Ohtani won't be on the market which thins out the potential frontline SP market making ERod and to a lesser extent Lorenzen more attractive.

22 minutes ago, casimir said:

Or what about announcing early yesterday that today's game would be moved up to an afternoon game due to the severe weather threat in the evening?  We've seen that before.  I guess I can't completely criticize that nonmove because it just popped into my head.

According to some models the rain may start as early as 2.

I say keep tomorrow's day game as it is for those customers who already bought tickets for htat, then move tonight's night game to tomorrow night.  So you tell fans to come down Thursday evening instead of Wednesday evening.

But again... maybe the players themselves prefer this route instead of playing tomorrow evening. As usual the consideration of the fans is the last item for discussion.

9 minutes ago, oblong said:

According to some models the rain may start as early as 2.

I say keep tomorrow's day game as it is for those customers who already bought tickets for htat, then move tonight's night game to tomorrow night.  So you tell fans to come down Thursday evening instead of Wednesday evening.

But again... maybe the players themselves prefer this route instead of playing tomorrow evening. As usual the consideration of the fans is the last item for discussion.

Ah, OK, I didn't realize the rain might be as early as 2pm up there.  I glanced at it, what I saw was similar to down here which is mostly evening hours.

9 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Back when I was a kid we played through thunderstorms and walked home up.

We didn't have a servant's elevator in my building.  We had to ride up in the same elevator car with the unwashed.   Luckily there was a velvet rope to keep them on their side. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, oblong said:

Detroit travels to Miami and Anaheim travels to Toronto.  No reason they can't play 2 tomorrow.

Unless of course the players and org are ok with slogging through the crap today.  Who knows.

They’d probably have to play a straight doubleheader, maybe starting at noon, to get teams out for travel at a reasonable hour.

34 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

One of the side benefits to losing to the Angels is the more they win the less likely they are to sell and if they don't sell that means Ohtani won't be on the market which thins out the potential frontline SP market making ERod and to a lesser extent Lorenzen more attractive.

I can’t imagine Artie Moreno won’t decide to keep Ohtani and take a run at him in the offseason, especially given that Trout is out right now. That fan base would probably revolt.

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

In Orange County one does NOT revolt. You might spill your bubble tea.

Last fall while trudging 3 flights of stairs to get my daughters dorm setup I got really thirsty. I asked her if there was anything to drink she said yeah I have an iced tea drink on the counter. I grabbed it kind of amused at the diameter of the straw. I tak a big o'l swallow, one of those bubbles hits the back of my throat and I start choking a little like what was that? Oh Dad its a Boba tea......

18 minutes ago, romad1 said:

We didn't have a servant's elevator in my building.  We had to ride up in the same elevator car with the unwashed.   Luckily there was a velvet rope to keep them on their side. 

You had an elevator? We had to shimmy up a rope to the fourth floor. The stairs stopped at the second floor

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Old enough to remember bread wrappers over shoes

Bread wrappers over your feet before you put on your moon boots.  The upper crust wore the national brand names.  My 'hood was full of store brand bread wrappers.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, casimir said:

Bread wrappers over your feet before you put on your moon boots.  The upper crust wore the national brand names.  My 'hood was full of store brand bread wrappers.

In my neighborhood, the bread wrappers over our fine Italian made loafers were made of organic recycled paper and retained around our ankles by only Brazilian-rubber made bands.  None of the crap from Indonesia or the phillippines. 

3 minutes ago, romad1 said:

In my neighborhood, the bread wrappers over our fine Italian made loafers were made of organic recycled paper and retained around our ankles by only Brazilian-rubber made bands.  None of the crap from Indonesia or the phillippines. 

We had to recycle butcher shop twine. An if it broke tie it back together. The twine had to last all winter and spring

20 minutes ago, romad1 said:

This guy.....