2023 Predictions

amon ra is second team all nfl.

jared goff is really good but not great.  does not get a contract extension.  

gibbs is a fantasy football demon.  montgomery gets close to jamal williams' td production but has more yards.

mosely barely plays.

run defense remains a huge problem.

hutchinson contines to improve and records double digit sacks.

julian okwara has a better season than romeo...but not in detroit.

brian branch is amazing.

going into the draft the only question is whether the lions will trade up for a receiver or stay at 20 and take one there.

10 hours ago, buddha said:

10-7.  lose the division to the vikings on a tie breaker.  play dallas on the road in round one and lose.  a statue is built to dan campbell.

Home playoff game is the first goal.  That game in 1991 was one of my best days on this Earth.   After that, build sustained success.  

11 hours ago, buddha said:

run defense remains a huge problem.

You don't think Jack Campbell makes a big improvement for our run defense? I think he better make a big improvement in our run defense. With Holmes opting to burn a first round pick on a non-premium position like off-ball LB and not going out in free agency and adding any significant run defenders, Campbell better help make this unit better against the run. That's a big reason why we burnt a first round pick on an off-ball LB.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

5 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

You don't think Jack Campbell makes a big improvement for our run defense? I think he better make a big improvement in our run defense. With Holmes opting to burn a first round pick on a non-premium position like off-ball LB and not going out in free agency and adding any significant run defenders, Campbell better help make this unit better against the run. That's a big reason why we burnt a first round pick on an off-ball LB.

not this year.  and i think run defense starts with the defenasive tackles.  campbell will make plays 3 yards downfield.

20 minutes ago, buddha said:

not this year.  and i think run defense starts with the defensive tackles.  campbell will make plays 3 yards downfield.

Right...

So I think rookie Brodric Martin will be more critical in this area.

Not that I'm placing all of my hopes on a 5th round rookie...

But I think he's the guy/ position (NT), along with any other improvement Alim McNeil may or may not be able to make this year, that affects the run game the most. 

One more but... "But", like Tater, I still think Campbell will have a positive impact on the run defense, even if I agree with you that the DT's will be more critical in this area...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

The Lions will fall behind 21-0 to KC by the end of the first quarter of the opening game. Will come back in 2nd half to lose but only by 31-21. Will still start the season 7-3.

Opening game is a no-lose situation...

Get blown out....everyone expected it.

Lose a close game...people take notice.

Win...fans go totally nuts...the NFL realizes our greatness...

😆😆😆

3 hours ago, buddha said:

i think the vikings are being underrated this year.

I agree, they are one of those teams that with the nature of the NFL they could win 5 games or only lose 5 games but I think in general they are better than people are giving them credit for. Yes they did get extremely fortunate in 1 possession games and they did lose some key players but regardless they still won 13 games and do have a ton of talent on offense and a competent QB. That alone makes them a team that you shouldn't look past.

Also I think the hiring of Brian Flores as their new DC could be a big move for them and I think has the potential to really help improve that defense. Considering they were terrible last year and lost some key members of the unit he probably isn't going to turn it into a strength or anything but if he can just make it serviceable with their offense that should be good enough. Much in the same regards to the Lions. 

I still think the Lions "should" be better but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings ended up the better team. 

38 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I agree, they are one of those teams that with the nature of the NFL they could win 5 games or only lose 5 games but I think in general they are better than people are giving them credit for. Yes they did get extremely fortunate in 1 possession games and they did lose some key players but regardless they still won 13 games and do have a ton of talent on offense and a competent QB. That alone makes them a team that you shouldn't look past.

Also I think the hiring of Brian Flores as their new DC could be a big move for them and I think has the potential to really help improve that defense. Considering they were terrible last year and lost some key members of the unit he probably isn't going to turn it into a strength or anything but if he can just make it serviceable with their offense that should be good enough. Much in the same regards to the Lions. 

I still think the Lions "should" be better but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings ended up the better team. 

that's how i feel too.

the lions got a lot of turnover luck in the second half of the season last year too.  do we really think goff is going to go through the whole year not throwing any picks or fumbling?  i doubt it.