Week Five: Carolina Panthers (0-4) @ Detroit Lions (3-1)

1 hour ago, buddha said:

my first lions memory was starting 4-0 and billy sims on the cover of sports illustrated...

you'll have to excuse us old fogies if were not going to be convinced about the lions until we see it.

I go back farther and older than that. You'll never catch me Buddha

1 hour ago, buddha said:

my first lions memory was starting 4-0 and billy sims on the cover of sports illustrated...

you'll have to excuse us old fogies if were not going to be convinced about the lions until we see it.

I've probably told this before on the old board, but I started out a Vikings fan `cuz I was all in on Fran Tarkenton.  When the Lions drafted Gary Danielson, he came to my little town in the Thumb & was the Grand Marshal of a parade.  He hung out with me & the kids from my neighborhood all day - Threw passes, signed footballs - He could not have been more gracious.

I said for years if I ever see Gary Danielson again ... I'm gonna punch him right in the mouth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, number20 said:

Well, to be fair...  they're only 4 games in. It's really early - they still have 13 more to play. It's a good start but again, the Lions haven't really done anything except not suck so far. We'll see where things are at the end of November. And I think I'll hold off calling them a "really good football team" until they actually WIN something first

I always would say just give me a product that is competitve every week with a chance to win and I will be happy. That has finally arrived.

5 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I always would say just give me a product that is competitve every week with a chance to win and I will be happy. That has finally arrived.

Definitely makes them fun to watch. I want to see them win something for a change though. This team never WINS ANYTHING. Not since forever. Give us a couple of playoff wins. Give us one playoff win. A division title. Something. Anything.

50 minutes ago, number20 said:

Well, to be fair...  they're only 4 games in. It's really early - they still have 13 more to play. It's a good start but again, the Lions haven't really done anything except not suck so far. We'll see where things are at the end of November. And I think I'll hold off calling them a "really good football team" until they actually WIN something first

I get that we're only 4 games into the season but the Lions also closed last season strong and have the second best record in the NFL over the last 14 games. I remember last year when they won a few games in a row after that 1-6 start fans were like "lets see if they hang with Buffalo, if they do then I'll start to believe", well they hung with Buffalo, then it was "lets see them beat Minnesota", well they beat Minnesota, then if was "well lets see them win on the road in NY then I'll start to believe", they then won in NY. Finally it was "if they can beat the Packers in Lambeau then I'll start to believe it's different", then of course they did that.

Then in the offseason it was "Lets see if they can hang with KC", well they not only hung with them but beat them, then it's "let's see if they can win in Lambeau again" and of course they went out and dominated there. I mean the skeptics just keep moving the goal post every week, it'll get to the point where fans will keep doing it until they win a Super Bowl and I think that's unfair. What they have done the previous 60 years shouldn't matter. If the franchise won 5 Super Bowls 20 years ago would that make this current team any better? No yet in those skeptic eyes for some reason it would. 

Edited by RandyMarsh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Based on injury report updates Gibbs must have gotten hurt at practice.  Injuries during in season practices are unacceptable.  I almost think they shouldn’t do anything but walk throughs once the season starts. Stop allowing the possibility of injury outside of games.  Makes zero sense to actually practice.  

1 hour ago, TP_Fan said:

Based on injury report updates Gibbs must have gotten hurt at practice.  Injuries during in season practices are unacceptable.  I almost think they shouldn’t do anything but walk throughs once the season starts. Stop allowing the possibility of injury outside of games.  Makes zero sense to actually practice.  

You can't play football scared. 

• Like 1

I would expect Dylan Drummond to back up Kalif at the slot.  It looked like Green was getting snaps last week, and he could share snaps with Jamo. In the backfield,  Reynolds and Z should back up Montgomery.  The offensive line should be fine.  The Lions will be fine.