Week Eleven: Chicago Bears (3-7) @ Detroit Lions (7-2)

MichiganCardinal

9 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

The Lion fans were booing when we were down by 2 scores...lol

Not very good fans...🤣🤣🤣

Most of them paid over $200 a ticket, plus all of the ancillary expenses, expecting to see an easy W. Not the first time fans of any team have been fickle.

SOL causes a lot of PTSD.

11 minutes ago, holygoat said:

Fields throwing that incomplete pass on 3rd-and-long before the Lions final TD drive was so dumb. It stopped the clock, saving the Lions last timeout, and they had to punt anyway. Just run the ball.

I was shocked they abandoned their offense on 1st and 2nd down. Lions had all three timeouts plus the two minute warning, they weren’t about to run out the clock by running up the middle.

5 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

4 turnovers? 3 interceptions and a fumble? 

Looked like two of his three picks weren't all on him though. That throw to LaPorta was timed perfectly, right on the money... the collision was just unfortunate. The other was off of a batted ball. I think his worst throw/decision was that near pick 6. My god that was awful, and would've been a disaster

6 minutes ago, number20 said:

Looked like two of his three picks weren't all on him though. That throw to LaPorta was timed perfectly, right on the money... the collision was just unfortunate. The other was off of a batted ball. I think his worst throw/decision was that near pick 6. My god that was awful, and would've been a disaster

True, but on the other hand, right before the first TD he almost threw an INT (quite possibly would have been a pick-6) from the Chicago 2, then there was another near-interception on a throw up the middle at some point in the 4th quarter.  EDIT: only read your first sentence before I posted, lol, didn't see "his worth throw" part of your post. 

Edited by lordstanley

8 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

It was all the little things they did wrong for me. Two delay of game penalties for instance, with a third saved by a timeout and a couple others that could have been… How does that happen in week 11?

All the practice in the world with noise isn't the same as ground shaking noise. Home field advantage.

27 minutes ago, buddha said:

winning a game in which you play terribly is the sign of a good team.

goff played one of his worst games but they still won.

Goff did play poorly but 2 of those INTs was just bad luck. LaPorta running into the Bear defender so he was absent at the spot where the ball ended up and the 3rd INT was a tipped ball. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong for the Lions in this game and they still won, that in itself should be encouraging. 

One issue I have, besides the complete inability to stop a running QB, is that they need to run the ball more. Montgomery gets chunks every time he touches the ball, 12 rushes isn't enough. Same with Gibbs, needs more touches.

19 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I was shocked they abandoned their offense on 1st and 2nd down. Lions had all three timeouts plus the two minute warning, they weren’t about to run out the clock by running up the middle.

The Lions couldn't stop Fields on that counter play and they didn't run it once on that final drive. I thought for sure that they'd do it on 3rd and long and when he threw deep, I felt relief. That's why teams like the Bears constantly remain bad.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NYLion said:

The Lions couldn't stop Fields on that counter play and they didn't run it once on that final drive. I thought for sure that they'd do it on 3rd and long and when he threw deep, I felt relief. That's why teams like the Bears constantly remain bad.

Exactly. They got ultra conservative when two more 1sts would have iced it.

5 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

No...

It's TNL.

The New Lions.

There is no "same old" associated with this team whatsoever, so your acronym is inappropriate. 

In fact....

You should be ashamed of yourself!!!

For inappropriate language...!

😉

Lol I’d sign the petition to censor SOL on this forum like we do all the fun four-letter words.

5 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Exactly. They got ultra conservative when two more 1sts would have iced it.

It's not even that they got conservative, they did throw deep on 3rd, it was that they left their biggest weapon which is Fields legs on the shelf. Lucky us.

Edited by NYLion

12 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Goff did play poorly but 2 of those INTs was just bad luck. LaPorta running into the Bear defender so he was absent at the spot where the ball ended up and the 3rd INT was a tipped ball. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong for the Lions in this game and they still won, that in itself should be encouraging. 

One issue I have, besides the complete inability to stop a running QB, is that they need to run the ball more. Montgomery gets chunks every time he touches the ball, 12 rushes isn't enough. Same with Gibbs, needs more touches.

You don’t get a lot of touches when the team coughs the ball up four times.