Week Eleven: Chicago Bears (3-7) @ Detroit Lions (7-2)

MichiganCardinal

From Kyle Meinke at Mlive:

“Rookie offensive lineman Colby Sorsdal started for the injured Jonah Jackson at left guard. His most noteworthy play was a first-down holding penalty that backed Detroit behind the sticks, and led to Goff’s second interception of the day.”

Waiting for PFF numbers and film reviews to come out but Jonah Jackson missed the game and Goff got hammered all game. I think I read he got hit eight times. 

51 minutes ago, number20 said:

The TD wasn't just a great play by him, it was clutch. Game on the line and he came up big, met the moment. Didn't drop it. Sure would be awesome to see him start getting 5-6 catches a game

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2023/11/19/jameson-williams-td-kickstarts-lions-in-comeback-win-over-bears/

More on Jaymo. I always thought the character concerns on him were overblown but I hope they are put to rest now. 

Tidbit from the story: that’s the first time he’s ever been on the field for a two minute drill in a real game setting. He’s been on such good teams, and so talented, that he’s just been able to coast. Some guys like him would never get it together. But he’s doing it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2023/11/19/jameson-williams-td-kickstarts-lions-in-comeback-win-over-bears/

More on Jaymo. I always thought the character concerns on him were overblown but I hope they are put to rest now. 

Tidbit from the story: that’s the first time he’s ever been on the field for a two minute drill in a real game setting. He’s been on such good teams, and so talented, that he’s just been able to coast. Some guys like him would never get it together. But he’s doing it. 

Also saw this on twitter. Sounds like a good dude.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Gozer said:

Really looked forward to coming to the office this morning to read this thread.  You guys(I assume) are hilarious and did not disappoint!!!

I too enjoy reading the thread later however I know that I'd be the same way in the thread if I posted during a game. I know my emotions are all over the place during a game. After I can being more cool and rational about it, but during the game I get a little crazy and I fully embrace that.

To borrow from Vegas: What happens in the game day thread stays in the game day thread. It's okay to be a little crazy while watching.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedRamage said:

I too enjoy reading the thread later however I know that I'd be the same way in the thread if I posted during a game. I know my emotions are all over the place during a game. After I can being more cool and rational about it, but during the game I get a little crazy and I fully embrace that.

To borrow from Vegas: What happens in the game day thread stays in the game day thread. It's okay to be a little crazy while watching.

Yes sir!

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I just love that Bears fans came in fully expecting to lose, lost, but managed to lose in such a fashion as to completely devastate the fanbase anyway.

It’s got a Lionesque artistic quality to it.

That is very familiar to Lions fans who have been watching them for the last 50+ years.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jason_R said:

I never understood the character concern argument. He's never had any off the field issues as far as we know and look at how he interacts with his teammates even when he's not involved in the offense (always the first to celebrate with his guys, root them on etc.), not to mention that he does things like making key blocks when he's not being targeted. There are plenty of diva receivers that would pout when they're not getting enough touches, Jamo always seemed to be involved with the team.

We'd all like to see him make more plays/get more targets but I don't see any character concerns with him whatsoever. Also, he's getting progressively better every week you can see them starting to get him more involved. I have a feeling that he's on the verge of a breakout not to the point of being a legit #1 receiver but as a more consistent big play threat.

3 hours ago, RedRamage said:

The flipside:

If someone is crapping all over the dinner table then who has an appetite? Wanna eat dinner right now, when someone is ****ting on the table right in front of you?

If it's just a fart, everyone goes "Ewww, yuck!" and then laughs about it. And continues eating dinner. But as in everything, there are limits to what is acceptable versus too far gone.

I shouldn't be the one to talk because I don't contribute all that much to any of the game threads... a little bit here and there. But it does get sort of gross in some of these game threads sometimes, which to me is just a bit unappetizing.

Just my 2 cents.

1 hour ago, RatkoVarda said:

defense needs help; ignoring it at trade deadline looking even worse; Quinton Bohanna? who?

offense will get them a lot more wins and maybe some playoff wins as well

Maybe Chase Young will get injured again and it won't matter. But Chase Young only going for a 3rd round pick was inticing then and even more so now given how sad our defense looked yesterday.

6 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

The flipside:

If someone is crapping all over the dinner table then who has an appetite? Wanna eat dinner right now, when someone is ****ting on the table right in front of you?

If it's just a fart, everyone goes "Ewww, yuck!" and then laughs about it. And continues eating dinner. But as in everything, there are limits to what is acceptable versus too far gone.

I shouldn't be the one to talk because I don't contribute all that much to any of the game threads... a little bit here and there. But it does get sort of gross in some of these game threads sometimes, which to me is just a bit unappetizing.

Just my 2 cents.

I don’t think anyone goes out of their way to ruin others’ time. On the former forums, there were a couple of posters who - particularly in the political section - were known to **** on the dinner table. That didn’t have to do with their opinions though (in fact they were of very differing viewpoints from the majority of the board for years without issue), it had to do with some personal attacks they were making on others in the forum. They aren’t around any longer. 

I don’t think it’s the place of a message board to police opinions, or the general emotional roller coaster that is a game day thread. It’s kind of what it’s there for. As long as people remain cordial to each other (which I think they mostly do) I’m not all about drawing a line between rational, reasonable, and too far.

Do I roll my eyes a little when I see a “bench Goff” post? Yes. But I just take it in stride and post my equally meaningless “I would kick it here”, because at the end of the day - nothing anybody posts here really matters anyway. But we do it anyway for… Catharsis? Belonging? Who knows. 😆

15 hours ago, Jason_R said:

From Kyle Meinke at Mlive:

“Rookie offensive lineman Colby Sorsdal started for the injured Jonah Jackson at left guard. His most noteworthy play was a first-down holding penalty that backed Detroit behind the sticks, and led to Goff’s second interception of the day.”

Waiting for PFF numbers and film reviews to come out but Jonah Jackson missed the game and Goff got hammered all game. I think I read he got hit eight times. 

Sorsdal had a PFF rating of 45.4. Ouch. 

3 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Maybe Chase Young will get injured again and it won't matter. But Chase Young only going for a 3rd round pick was inticing then and even more so now given how sad our defense looked yesterday.

I agree that it does hurt that they haven't been able to consistently get pressure, but in a year or two they're gonna have to pay Sewell, Amon Ra, Hutch, Gibbs, LaPorta, et al - I think perhaps it's just Brad looking at the future & saying he'd rather spend on the guys here now than a oft-injured, albeit terrific DL.  I would imagine he just didn't think it worth the long term commitment.

• Like 1