THE GAME #119: #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (11-0) @ #3 Michigan Wolverines (11-0)

MichiganCardinal

36 minutes ago, buddha said:

btw, when did ohio state give joel klatt an honorary degree?  dude was really pro buckeye today.  wrong about every close call.

The WORLD FAMOUS Ohio State Buckeyes. I didn't get Joel Klatt slobbering all over them either. We held the lead all day and both announcers acted like Ohio State was the superior team out there on the field. 

I just attempted to go to the UPS store a mile from the stadium, because my girlfriend needed something printed for tomorrow. Not only did I not make it before they closed at 5, but I got stuck in traffic for an hour trying to get back home. Not sure what I was thinking. It was fun to see the sad OSU fans walking from the stadium though. 

16 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

I just attempted to go to the UPS store a mile from the stadium, because my girlfriend needed something printed for tomorrow. Not only did I not make it before they closed at 5, but I got stuck in traffic for an hour trying to get back home. Not sure what I was thinking. It was fun to see the sad OSU fans walking from the stadium though. 

I left Ann Arbor at 9 this morning and it still took me an hour to get to M-14

48 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

It would take a much bigger collapse than it took last year.

Definitely would take quite a few things to happen.

First and foremost they would need FSU to lose which definitely could happen given their QB situation.

They then would need to hope Texas loses or atleast doesn't look impressive in the Big 12 Championship, if they completely dominate then they'd probably get picked ahead of Ohio State and even if they don't just them winning their championship and having a non conference win over Alabama may trump OSU in the committee's eyes.

They also got to hope that Washington beats Oregon next week cause if Oregon wins a close one and Washington finishes with just their 1 loss being in their conference championship game to Oregon I can see both those Pac teams being ranked ahead of OSU. 

Bama is in a fight with Auburn so if they lose this one they are out but if they come back OSU would also need them to lose next week against UGA in the SEC Championship. Can't have a 1 loss Bama and 1 loss UGA team as then they'd both make it over them. 

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

The WORLD FAMOUS Ohio State Buckeyes. I didn't get Joel Klatt slobbering all over them either. We held the lead all day and both announcers acted like Ohio State was the superior team out there on the field. 

I heard an announcer during the Lions game say it was Michigan against The World Famous Ohio State. Any questions if they'll be in the college playoffs? Book their rooms.....

20 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Definitely would take quite a few things to happen.

First and foremost they would need FSU to lose which definitely could happen given their QB situation.

They then would need to hope Texas loses or atleast doesn't look impressive in the Big 12 Championship, if they completely dominate then they'd probably get picked ahead of Ohio State and even if they don't just them winning their championship and having a non conference win over Alabama may trump OSU in the committee's eyes.

They also got to hope that Washington beats Oregon next week cause if Oregon wins a close one and Washington finishes with just their 1 loss being in their conference championship game to Oregon I can see both those Pac teams being ranked ahead of OSU. 

Bama is in a fight with Auburn so if they lose this one they are out but if they come back OSU would also need them to lose next week against UGA in the SEC Championship. Can't have a 1 loss Bama and 1 loss UGA team as then they'd both make it over them. 

I think OSU is out unless Florida St loses to both Florida and Louisville. 

5 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

As much as I enjoy all the crap Ryan Day is getting (enough with beard dye),  you know that if OSU had a good QB they probably win today.      But hey, all teams have a weakness, right.    I guess Day should have recruited the position better. 

I guess he could've had JJ but he chose McCord over him which led to JJ coming here. There was an article on the Athletic about that earlier. 

3 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

It would take a much bigger collapse than it took last year.

why?  osu lost one game on the road against the #2 team in the country.  that's a "better loss" than any other team in college football has.

the conference championship games got them in last year and could get them in again easily.  its why losses in the conference championship game shouldnt count, imo.

8 minutes ago, buddha said:

why?  osu lost one game on the road against the #2 team in the country.  that's a "better loss" than any other team in college football has.

the conference championship games got them in last year and could get them in again easily.  its why losses in the conference championship game shouldnt count, imo.

If you have 4 undefeated teams from Power 5 conferences, then those 4 teams are your playoffs.    Period.   Sorry.   If you want arguments, you'll get them if you have 5 undefeated teams.  

As of now, there are 4 undefeated teams, though Georgia and FSU are in close games.   Don't care that Washington almost lost, they didn't lose.    

If Georgia loses, things get crazy.  Then I think it's very likely that the Georgia-Alabama team gets in.    If Georgia and Florida State lose, then OSU is in.     Michigan still has to beat Iowa and Washington has a very tough game against Oregon.   There is the possibility, though slim, we end up with NO undefeated teams after championship week.  

The 12 team playoff will settle much nonsense, but teams 13 & 14 will complain. 

Michigan has to win it all this year - right now - so we can experience the glory because if that happens, the University of Vacated is going to get another title, but nobody cares about the past.    The NCAA is going to absolutely hammer Michigan next year. 

21 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

If you have 4 undefeated teams from Power 5 conferences, then those 4 teams are your playoffs.    Period.   Sorry.   If you want arguments, you'll get them if you have 5 undefeated teams.  

As of now, there are 4 undefeated teams, though Georgia and FSU are in close games.   Don't care that Washington almost lost, they didn't lose.    

If Georgia loses, things get crazy.  Then I think it's very likely that the Georgia-Alabama team gets in.    If Georgia and Florida State lose, then OSU is in.     Michigan still has to beat Iowa and Washington has a very tough game against Oregon.   There is the possibility, though slim, we end up with NO undefeated teams after championship week.  

The 12 team playoff will settle much nonsense, but teams 13 & 14 will complain. 

Michigan has to win it all this year - right now - so we can experience the glory because if that happens, the University of Vacated is going to get another title, but nobody cares about the past.    The NCAA is going to absolutely hammer Michigan next year. 

given your track record on predictions, that's good news for michigan.