THE GAME #119: #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (11-0) @ #3 Michigan Wolverines (11-0)

MichiganCardinal

5 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I can only imagine how many posts you would have made screaming bloody murder if they would have thrown an incomplete pass that stopped the clock. Or thrown a pick. It's pretty obvious you really don't know anything about football so just stop criticizing every play you don't agree with and act like the sky is falling. Several posts about how Michigan is now going to lose because of the play call you dont approve of proves my point. They won despite your objections. Moore isn't fired. Every point you make is totally off base. Your bull**** has gotten old and stale.

Then block me.  You need to relax. Quit taking it so seriously. 

21 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Article in this mornings Free Press that says Sherrone Moore would be the next UM coach if Harbaugh were to leave. I think he would be very successful. 

i hope not.  we dont know anything about him other than he calls plays in a program built by jim harbaugh.  can he recruit?  can he build a team?  dunno.  being a successful assistant coach does not mean you can be a successful head coach.

but it would be the easiest thing for michigan to do so that's what they'll likely do.

1 minute ago, buddha said:

i hope not.  we dont know anything about him other than he calls plays in a program built by jim harbaugh.  can he recruit?  can he build a team?  dunno.  being a successful assistant coach does not mean you can be a successful head coach.

but it would be the easiest thing for michigan to do so that's what they'll likely do.

I do think it would mean the infrastructure surrounding the program would stay largely intact, notwithstanding Harbaugh taking some of his people with him. In the same way Meyer left Day on third base, Harbaugh would leave Sherrone Moore incredibly well setup for continued success. Does that mean he is guaranteed to have Harbaugh’s success, of course not (see: Day).

If you bring in someone new like Mark Stoops or Jonathan Smith or Mike Elko, they’re going to want to bring in their own staff and reinvent the wheel to some extent. Which, if you’re Michigan State, you desperately want and welcome with open arms. When the wheel looks well on its way to a third consecutive B1G Championship though, maintaining as much as you can is probably preferred.

8 minutes ago, buddha said:

Yup. College teams are built on recruiting. Hopefully, we won't have to go this route. I heard a rumor about Tom Brady. Lmao...

2 hours ago, buddha said:

i hope not.  we dont know anything about him other than he calls plays in a program built by jim harbaugh.  can he recruit? 

The lead assistants do a lot of recruiting, or at least are tasked to, so M probably does have a handle on what kind of recruiting chops Moore has. But no doubt recruiting is a set of talents all of its own and any overlap with having a strategic in game management mind is purely serendipity.

On 11/25/2023 at 5:30 PM, Mr.TaterSalad said:

The WORLD FAMOUS Ohio State Buckeyes. I didn't get Joel Klatt slobbering all over them either. We held the lead all day and both announcers acted like Ohio State was the superior team out there on the field. 

I still think the whole "World Famous" thing is a ruse by Gus Johnson.  I don't think he would ever admit it, but I believe it's his way of getting a little dig in while staying true to his shtick.

25 minutes ago, djhutch said:

I still think the whole "World Famous" thing is a ruse by Gus Johnson.  I don't think he would ever admit it, but I believe it's his way of getting a little dig in while staying true to his shtick.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/gus-johnson-fox-ohio-state-world-famous/wcn0attifkxzxzrbywmxmpb6

I ended up reading about why Gus calls them world famous and it has something to do with Jesse Owens being from Ohio State and putting them on the map during the 1936 Olympics.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/gus-johnson-fox-ohio-state-world-famous/wcn0attifkxzxzrbywmxmpb6

I ended up reading about why Gus calls them world famous and it has something to do with Jesse Owens being from Ohio State and putting them on the map during the 1936 Olympics.

He explained that during that documentary he made about him going to harvard for some advanced program for broadcasters.  I'm ok with him respecting OSU that way and for that.   At one time, Ohio was respectable for its post-enlightenment views on slavery and the value of human life.