2023 B1G Championship: #2 Michigan Wolverines (12-0) vs. #16 Iowa Hawkeyes (10-2)

MichiganCardinal

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

There’s zero doubt in my mind that the final rankings should be

(1) Michigan v. (4) Florida State in the Rose Bowl

(2) Washington v. (3) Texas in the Sugar Bowl

Debate between (3) and (4) is understandable. Debate between Texas and the team they beat by 10 in their house? Nope.

But to leave the SEC out would be "disrespectful" according to Nick Satan.  

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

I wonder if Klatt is gonna get flack from the conference office for going along with Harbaugh having the trophy presented to Zinter. The bureaucrats won't like him colluding with a subversive act.

its the biggest scandal in big ten conference championship trophy presentation history!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

I thought I heard them say late in the game that it already has been determined that he is indeed done after this year. 

Yeah he got canned. I read that after he got canned he stopped wearing Iowa logos and has been wearing black sweatshirts on the sideline since.

Bro you suck at your job and they kept you longer than they should have because of nepotism.

Just now, MichiganCardinal said:

Gonna go out on a limb here and say I don’t think Brian Ferentz is getting an extension.

I know athletes are not exactly interchangeable, but when you have that much talent on one side of the ball and so little on the other, you'd think there would be a couple of guys you could move to the other side get more balance.

I see there already using the "Bama wasn't what they are now back then" to make a reason for them over Texas. Maybe that is or isn't true but what we do know is that they played each other and Texas beat them at their place. 

I mean where do you draw the line? What if Bama lost their first 3 games then "figured something out" and played dominating football the rest of the year, do you say "Well those first few games they were a different team, they are a lot better now"? 

Will they take the 4 most deserving or will they take the 4 best teams?  We will find out tomorrow at 12.  Personally, I’m in the corner of taking the 4 best.  UM, UW, Texas, Bama.  

Cases can be made for both sides but it will be a huge benefit for Michigan if they take the deserving FSU instead of the better Alabama, Georgia, or Texas.   

I know the committee won't take into account how bad our offensive line looked and how bad we looked offensively overall tonight, so we'll be #1 and Washington will be #2. I do truly believe though that Washington deserves to be #1 and would beat us head-to-head given how poor our offensive line play and ability to run the ball is.

20 minutes ago, buddha said:

i dont see how you could watch florida state and think they are one of the best four teams.

otoh, did we all watch michigan-iowa???  lol.

I have very mixed feelings about guys in a room deciding who the best teams are based on their subjective projections of what they think they will do based player availability. (BTW  - in case any one wonders, I'm still bitter over Wayne Duke telling MI they could skip a Rose Bowl because Denny Franklin was injured :classic_tongue:). It would be one thing if FSU had actually lost a game after Travis went down, but they haven't. UM hasn't looked all that great for the last three weeks either, and we still have our star QB. But maybe the committee should decide we've taken more O-line injuries than they think appropriate and bump us out? There is a reason you play the games and the winners are the winners and the losers are the losers. If there is a problem with records being suspect because of scheduling abuse - then put an end to scheduling abuse, but please don't let old dudes in a room establish a precedent for overruling the results on the field.

7 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

The committee should take into account our inability to make adjustments on offense and get things going haha.

ok tp.  i love how you think you know football well enough to know if michigan made "adjustments."  🙂

michigan played poorly against a good defense and also knew iowa was the worst offense in college football.  so they played conservative and knew iowa couldnt outscore them.  dont get hurt and dont turn the ball over and you win.

its frustrating for us fans but that's how they do it against everyone but ohio state.

now, i think theyre going to lose their next game, but it wont be because they dont make "adjustments," but rather because their oline isnt good enough.