Week Fifteen: Denver Broncos (7-6) @ Detroit Lions (9-4)

MichiganCardinal

13 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

The announcers are talking about the Lions watching the Seahawks game closely in the sense that they will be pulling for them to lose so they clinch the playoffs but I'd bet they are actually rooting for them to win so the Eagles drop to 10-4 as well. 

Yep, Seattle will lose eventually, or other teams will, I’m not worried about a Lions playoff spot. I want Seattle to beat them tomorrow. 

I want TB to go into GB tomorrow and beat them. That would knock the Packers out of the division race. Lions could use their help against Minnesota in 2 weeks if the Lions don’t take care of business themselves next week. 

On 12/10/2023 at 10:02 PM, holygoat said:

I've shifted from expecting the Lions to win most games to expecting them to lose most of them. It's like someone took a picture of last season, threw it into Photoshop and clicked "flip canvas horizontal."

Broncos win 33-17.

Nailed it!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Not that it matters any to the Lions but my curiosity still wants to know why Payton was going ape**** on Wilson after that offsides penalty, wonder if it has come out in any of the press conferences.

Probably for not milking more of the play clock so they could decide whether or not to challenge the no-TD call.

6 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Not that it matters any to the Lions but my curiosity still wants to know why Payton was going ape**** on Wilson after that offsides penalty, wonder if it has come out in any of the press conferences.

I think he wanted to challenge one of the calls at the goal line and Wilson snapped the ball before he had a chance to. Denver got screwed several times on that possession by the refs, wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game but still noteworthy considering that the Lions have usually been on the other side of that.

48 minutes ago, NYLion said:

I think he wanted to challenge one of the calls at the goal line and Wilson snapped the ball before he had a chance to. Denver got screwed several times on that possession by the refs, wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game but still noteworthy considering that the Lions have usually been on the other side of that.

How did Denver get screwed?  They never scored. Had Payton challenged he would have lost. 

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

I guess Payton said he was just frustrated with the refs call and was venting to Wilson about it, also said that they were considering challenging the two previous calls but didn't cause they didn't feel there was enough to over turn them. 

Pregame I predicted 41-10 with the caption “a return to identity”.

I think what was most impressive about yesterday was that it wasn’t a return to an identity so much as it was forging a new one. Goff hadn’t thrown five touchdowns since week four of 2018 (his Super Bowl run). Despite their success running the ball, they passed again and again. If they can pass like that, they can outscore anyone in the league.

• Like 1