Week Fifteen: Denver Broncos (7-6) @ Detroit Lions (9-4)

MichiganCardinal

For Frank Ragnow to have had surgery and then come back in only a week's time shows what a tough SOB he really is. This offensive line being fully healthy truly makes all the difference in the world for how Goff plays, how this offense operates as a whole, and what Ben Johnson feels comfortable dialing up. You could see play call wise that a fully healthy oline really opened up the playbook and allowed them to run it more effectively and spread the ball around more as well to different targets and deeper downfield.

8 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

I also saw after I had already replied that later in the thread many others said the same thing, so I guess I didn't really need to post that, but oh well... 🙂

I still wouldn’t be surprised if he gets fined for the hit. The NFL is not a fan of hits that causes skirmishes to break out. 

7 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I feel like as a gunner you would just watch the returner? Usually the returner will let you know if they are letting it bounce or are actually catching it. I'm not sure why you would even need to track the ball. 

It may have been a Michigan game but it was either UM or the Lions earlier this year where they would've had the ball downed inside the 5 but the gunners fell for the fake by returner who acted like he was catching it at the 10, if they were tracking the ball they would've seen that it wasn't landing where the return man was acting like it was going to so I think that's why you track the ball. 

2 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I still wouldn’t be surprised if he gets fined for the hit. The NFL is not a fan of hits that causes skirmishes to break out. 

I've always kinda thought the fair catch signal was weird. It's can be such a quick signal and it's different for different guys... I'm honestly surprised it isn't missed more often. It seems to me that there should be some auditory signal of some sort, but I guess the fact that it isn't missed more maybe means there doesn't need to be?

Just now, RedRamage said:

I've always kinda thought the fair catch signal was weird. It's can be such a quick signal and it's different for different guys... I'm honestly surprised it isn't missed more often. It seems to me that there should be some auditory signal of some sort, but I guess the fact that it isn't missed more maybe means there doesn't need to be?

The back judge is supposed to yell “fair catch” after it’s signaled. But it’s a loud stadium and they’re wearing helmets so that’s imperfect too.

42 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I feel like as a gunner you would just watch the returner? Usually the returner will let you know if they are letting it bounce or are actually catching it. I'm not sure why you would even need to track the ball. 

What Randy said... lot of times the returners try to fake out the kicking team when it's close to the endzone.  I'm pretty sure it happened later in this very game.

Just now, MichiganCardinal said:

The back judge is supposed to yell “fair catch” after it’s signaled. But it’s a loud stadium and they’re wearing helmets so that’s imperfect too.

I did not know that. I think a better solution is possible... but as I said, the fact that it a fair catch signal isn't missed more often means I'm probably looking for a solution without a real problem.

• Like 1