12/15/23 @7PM EST Detroit Pistons @ Philadelphia Sixers

Tigeraholic1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://theathletic.com/5141521/2023/12/16/pistons-franchise-record-22-game-losing-streak/

League sources tell The Athletic that Detroit is expected to be active in the trade market over the next few weeks and are eying a forward. One player I’m hearing that the Pistons are interested in, as is the rest of the league, is Toronto’s OG Anunoby. However, it’s possible Detroit will wait to see if it can land Anunoby in the open market next summer — the two-way wing has a player option for next season that he’ll most certainly decline — and avoid giving up some of its young players. Tobias Harris, who is an unrestricted free agent after this season, is another name the Pistons could target sooner rather than later if he becomes available before the NBA’s February trade deadline.

Several possibilities could arise over the next month and change, but Detroit is in the market for a forward, per league sources.

Additionally, as I reported a few weeks ago, I continue to hear that there is no looming decision as it pertains to changes in the front office. Could that change if the losing leaks into the new year? The Pistons have lost 22 straight games and counting. Anything is on the table.

why would they trade for og anonoby?  he has a player option next year that he'll decline.  they cant deal a first round pick.  it would have to be cade +.  and why do that for a guy who is leaving in a year?  makes no sense.  

give og anonby the max?  yes, i can see them do that for sure.  desperate times call for desperate contracts.

36 minutes ago, buddha said:

why would they trade for og anonoby?  he has a player option next year that he'll decline.  they cant deal a first round pick.  it would have to be cade +.  and why do that for a guy who is leaving in a year?  makes no sense.  

give og anonby the max?  yes, i can see them do that for sure.  desperate times call for desperate contracts.

What the Pistons have accomplished is legendary. They've taken a team in a sport where it usually only takes upgrading two players to make a team competitive and put themselves in the position where it's going to take 4, starting with zero tradeable roster capital. They would be three years away minimum working through the draft - if they had a front office capable of making an intelligent draft decision - which they don't. 

I can see little hope for this team short of pix emerging of Gores in Klan robes.

Edited by gehringer_2

Cade with 4 points, now he's broken as well. Monty Williams might be the worst thing that ever happened to this franchise outside of Gores and I don't say that lightly because there's a lot of candidates to choose from over the last 15 years or so.

Edited by NYLion

25 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

In my 50+ years of Detroit fandom...The 0-16 and the 79 Lions were bad...the 76-77 and the 2019/2020 Red Wings were bad...the 75 and 2002 Tigers were awful the Dickie V Pistons were bad.

This may be the worst team I have ever seen in Detroit sports...

This may be the worst team in sports history, period. The games aren't even competitive, which was the last game that came down to the last couple of minutes of the 4th? We're talking about a month ago possibly. This is history we're witnessing, for all the wrong reasons.

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

This may be the worst team in sports history, period. The games aren't even competitive, which was the last game that came down to the last couple of minutes of the 4th? We're talking about a month ago possibly. This is history we're witnessing, for all the wrong reasons.

The Wizards?

2 hours ago, casimir said:

Well, what he says and does is starting to look more and more like two different things.  This isn’t a rebuild or remake or refurbish or whatever he called it.  This is a hold my beer, let me see if I can demolish it even more.

Every year they let Weaver make another draft pick is going to be another year wasted.

Edited by gehringer_2