Week Eighteen: Minnesota Vikings (7-9) @ Detroit Lions (11-5)

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Buggs seems to have been in the doghouse all year. There were reports about skipping workouts and being out of shape. 

I remember the tantrum in week one when he wasn't activated being a bit of a distraction too. I wouldn't be surprised if that stuff is used as something of a tiebreaker in decisions like this.

5 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I saw on Good Morning Foorball this morning that the Vikings aren't officially eliminated. It would be great to send them into their off-season. 

When is James Houston returning?

Doesn’t look like this week. Which is disappointing. Means his return would have to be in the playoffs.  

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Maybe Buggs asked to be released? He phrases this like it was his decision. 

I think it's possible they expressed interest in re-signing him to the practice squad and he declined. I doubt they would just completely quit on a semi-contributor at this point. Need depth guys.

Also, my man needs to learn proper capitalization, it's like he's trying to encode a secret message with capitalizing the first letter of every word.

5 hours ago, TP_Fan said:

Doesn’t look like this week. Which is disappointing. Means his return would have to be in the playoffs.  

I didn't catch if Campbell mentioned him or not. I thought he was close to returning and wondered why he wasn't even asked about. 

Heard on the radio that Campbell said that they are indeed planning on playing all the starters and treating this like any other game. Also just saw on twitter that the Vikings are planning on going back to Mullins for the game. Fool me once....

18 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Heard on the radio that Campbell said that they are indeed planning on playing all the starters and treating this like any other game. Also just saw on twitter that the Vikings are planning on going back to Mullins for the game. Fool me once....

I like how the Vikings go with their only non mobile QB against the Lions, a team with a history of struggling against mobile QBs, and start their mobile QBs against everyone else.