Week Eighteen: Minnesota Vikings (7-9) @ Detroit Lions (11-5)

2 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

I’d be shocked if Bridgewater doesn’t get at least the 4th quarter.  Allows him to play in his last NFL game and gives Goff some rest/protection.

I'd like to give Hooker the 3rd and Bridgewater the 4th...

3 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I don't think Hooker plays. I don't think they want to rush him into action. Let him get a full training camp under his belt. 

I don't think so either, though they are going to carry him into the postseason as their designated survivor QB. It might not be a terrible idea to give him at least a few game snaps just in case complete disaster strikes.

10 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I don't think so either, though they are going to carry him into the postseason as their designated survivor QB. It might not be a terrible idea to give him at least a few game snaps just in case complete disaster strikes.

By the same token,  it also makes sense to not even spend 1 second of effort preparing for a complete disaster situation.   That time can be better used somewhere else.   

Just now, Hongbit said:

By the same token,  it also makes sense to not even spend 1 second of effort preparing for a complete disaster situation.   That time can be better used somewhere else.   

I won't lose sleep either way. Hooker doesn't need practice to become a Detroit hero in the NFC Championship Game. He was born with that ability.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I wonder if CJGJ can play outside corner? Melifonwu was originally an outside corner. They Lions have a lot of good safety/nickel types but not outside corners. 

melifonwu was a disaster at corner in the past.  he didnt have the speed to keep up.  maybe he's gotten better?  

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Melifonwu has only played 7 games at corner, all in his injury plagued rookie season, and gave up 11 receptions on 18 targets. Hardly a disaster or enough to say he can't play corner. 

i saw him play, he wasnt very good.  hopefully because he was injured.

iffy grades out at pff with a sterling 80+ grade this year.  his first two years he grades in the low 50s and low 60s, which is bad.  

just to support my earlier point.

again, he was a rookie and injured, as mb points out.  but he wasnt very good at corner.  he's been much better at safety and i hope they keep him there.

play 3 safeties.

For those who are curious. He last called a Lions game when we played the Ravens in Baltimore. Before that, he worked Week 18 Sunday Night in Lambeau last season.

He is also a professor at Texas Tech and enjoys long walks on the beach with his dog Fifi. I made one of those up, you can decide which.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

For those who are curious. He last called a Lions game when we played the Ravens in Baltimore. Before that, he worked Week 18 Sunday Night in Lambeau last season.

He is also a professor at Texas Tech and enjoys long walks on the beach with his dog Fifi. I made one of those up, you can decide which.

He also called the next game the Lions played after the hands to the face debacle in Green Bay and got booed unmercifully. Poor guy has to follow up two terribly refed games. 

2 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I wonder if they’ll do any sort of ceremony for it on Sunday. I’m sure they’ll nationally televise if they do, right?

It's a Divisional Championship, the NFL equivalent to JR High Graduation. Hang the banner, pretend like you've been there before. You celebrate when you get the Golden Ring