Week Eighteen: Minnesota Vikings (7-9) @ Detroit Lions (11-5)

47 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

OK...

Bridgewater in the 3rd and Hooker in the 4th.

I still wanna see Hendon Hooker for a quarter please...

I prefer 3rd for Hooker and Bridgewater in the 4th.  Given that this is the last game for Teddy, let him end it on the field and let the fans give him an ovation without Hooker coming it stepping on that. At least that's my 2 cents.

6 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

I prefer 3rd for Hooker and Bridgewater in the 4th.  Given that this is the last game for Teddy, let him end it on the field and let the fans give him an ovation without Hooker coming it stepping on that. At least that's my 2 cents.

I think Teddy sticks with us through the playoffs. Just in case.

But your point remains: Last time Teddy "should" see the field. 

So I'm good with that: Hooker 3rd Qtr, Teddy 4th... For the ovation.

I don't think they want to play Hooker. Even if Goff got injured and Bridgewater was starting the game, I think they elevate Blough from the practice squad and name him the backup. 

Also getting Hooker snaps means he would need to be active. That means three active QBs and one less position player activated. You can start Bridgewater and use Hooker as the backup and Goff as the emergency QB but they want to play the starters. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

He must know what’s going on though.  Kerby and Iffy are playing really well.  If any change would be made it would be Kerby coming out. Iffy just won defensive player of the week!  

I get that he's a competitor, but you can't just reappear after rehabbing for 15 weeks and expect the team that's been rolling to bench one of their four or five best defensive players. Who cares who's out there next to you anyway, just go ball out.

Edited by MichiganCardinal

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I get that he's a competitor, but you can't just reappear after rehabbing for 15 weeks and expect the team that's been rolling to bench one of their four or five best defensive players. Who cares who's out there next to you anyway, just go ball out.

Players need to get off social media.    Just focus on what your next step is instead of venting to the world.  

7 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Why take any risk at all.  I know we won't have any idea if the #2 seed is in play until after the 4pm games, but I think we all figure the Lions are #3.     Can beat Minnesota without him.   They're reelin right now and even though they are mathematically still in it, but it would take a miracle to get in.  I don't think they'll be rallying vs. the Lions, but even so, why mess wit it?  Ask Brandon Staley about that.    

6 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Players need to get off social media.    Just focus on what your next step is instead of venting to the world.  

He's not had a good night of following your advice.

Apparently he is referring to some random Detroit media personality with 5800 followers who I have never heard of, who CJGJ thinks called him a bad teammate, which the dude denies. Whatever.

14 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

I think Teddy sticks with us through the playoffs. Just in case.

But your point remains: Last time Teddy "should" see the field. 

So I'm good with that: Hooker 3rd Qtr, Teddy 4th... For the ovation.

The NFL has rules for the third quarter. They can only enter the game because of injuries.  

The NFL has rules for the third quarter. They can only enter the game because of injuries.  

I think that's only if you have two quarterbacks on the ACTIVE roster for the game (if you list the 3rd QB as the Emergency QB).   If you list three active QBs you can use them how you want.    

Edited by Motor City Sonics

I would not list 3 active QB.  You are going to want to rest some more important players to take up a space on the roster for a last game

Make Hendon your backup for Week 18 so he gets some jitters out now (although the way they talk this dude is cool as the come),   Make Teddy your playoff backup.   

jordan love is playing like one of the best qbs in the league in the last part of the season.

i do not want this to be another "brett favre to sterling sharpe in the end zone" situations where we are the foil in the playoffs to crown another packer great qb.

3 minutes ago, buddha said:

jordan love is playing like one of the best qbs in the league in the last part of the season.

i do not want this to be another "brett favre to sterling sharpe in the end zone" situations where we are the foil in the playoffs to crown another packer great qb.

The Bears can still finish 2nd in the NFC North...